Subject: "a few reasons why" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1004
Show all folders

jasminMon 12-May-03 11:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
237 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1010, "a few reasons why"

The first thing that I notice about newbies most of the time is they pick a race and class in their mind because it sounds cool. For example drow necromancer. Then when half the mud comes at them in the low ranks swinging mithril they get mad and quit. There have been many newbie help topics made, but there are some bare essentials many people miss.

When you are new to a mud and learning, be able to escape/hide from your enemies. Hide, camo, invis, and teleport are the most useful for this since you don't get word til the later ranks, and the potions are expensive.

(i.e. don't pick mage for your first class, your better able to learn with a melee class most times.

Make friends, or alliances with people of similar interests early on. Learn from them, glean from them, watch what they do and store it away for later.

Don't sit at market square yelling "DOES ANYBODY WANT TO GROUP?!!!!?" because if you do, you just painted a big newbie target on your ass.

Don't be predictable.

There are many many more of these, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Basically don't expect to get spoonfed on here, because it's carrionfields, not happy fun land.

feel free to search on here, or if you have specific questions we'll address them as they come. ( I think the best one for this is "getting my ass kicked" on the new player q&a.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIs CF too intimidating for newbies? [View all] , Turambar, Mon 12-May-03 07:02 AM
Reply a few reasons why, jasmin, 12-May-03 11:33 AM #1
     Reply RE: a few reasons why, Isildur, 12-May-03 02:24 PM, #2
          Reply Me too, Gwyn, 16-May-03 01:43 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1004 Previous topic | Next topic