Subject: "Bash enhancement" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7428
Show all folders

WildGirlFri 18-Feb-05 02:25 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7428, "Bash enhancement"

After listening to one of my friends complain about being bashed in the low 20s for 13 rounds in a row successfully (whether or not this was accurate or not, I do not know), having been the victim of gangs whose only tactic is bash, bash, bash, bash, and after having used the tactic in a group against a single foe, I've come to the conclusion that a slight change would make things more... interesting. While I agree that bash is a simple tactic and, when used effectively and consistently, can help you win many a pk fight, there's something that seems less than realistic. Also, I remember a particular fight where the only damage I received was from the bashing up towards the end when they disarmed (or weaponbroke) my weapon. Personally, I'd prefer the tactic they used last because it at least would mean that I could put in one command before having to flee or die.

Here's what I propose. Not lessen the effects of bash or the lag time involved, but allow a very small chance that the person bashed is sent flying out of the room. The percentage would be based on the consequetive times a person is bashed, the size of each person, and the weight carried. I know changes have been made to bash recently causing a less frequent chance of getting bashed when you're under level 25, but adhering to one simple tactic just seems... boring. Spice things up and fight to the death by pitting skill against skill. Bash is a nice lagging technique, but there are plenty of other things people could be doing that are never used.

Questions, comments, burns are all welcome.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBash enhancement [View all] , WildGirl, Fri 18-Feb-05 02:25 PM
Reply RE: Bash enhancement, Valguarnera, 18-Feb-05 04:58 PM, #3
Reply RE: Bash enhancement, Homis, 22-Feb-05 07:52 PM, #4
     Reply Weight and size are the key factors. n/t, Sandello, 22-Feb-05 08:51 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Bash enhancement, Valguarnera, 22-Feb-05 09:52 PM, #6
     Reply Great post. nt, Eskelian, 23-Feb-05 05:59 PM, #8
     Reply Bash, DurNominator, 23-Feb-05 07:22 AM, #7
Reply I thought that bash effectiveness was toned down pre-25..., Theerkla, 18-Feb-05 03:02 PM, #2
Reply No burn, but, nepenthe, 18-Feb-05 02:42 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7428 Previous topic | Next topic