Subject: "Again" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71714
Show all folders

robdarken_Mon 22-Oct-18 05:17 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
374 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71729, "Again"
Edited on Mon 22-Oct-18 05:43 AM

The game was almost completely dead in 2014, so your perspective about this is skewed.

I haven't played but 1 or 2 guys since then (2014), I understand the numbers apparently got much better somewhere in late 2015 or early 2016, and it coincided with the rise of new popular imms.

But if the numbers are really massively down suddenly again I see two problems:

1) The CF playerbase is REALLY SENSITIVE and their desire to play the game is seriously affected by what some imms say. (I'll concede the thread locking retard's view is probably in the majority with them though). Same #### in 2014.

The problem I see here is that you guys apparently care about the sum imm opinion of your characters instead of playing to experience interactions with other people who play the game. Half of these guys are literally do-nothings (since they don't seem to even play morts) and you can safely ignore them.

2) Changing popular things isn't good but isn't -that- destructive, but what is destructive is that it gives them more opportunities to have someone say something to piss everyone off, funneling back into problem 1. I can kind of see now why they won't let anyone in the Discord or otherwise.

And when numbers dramatically drop for some reason, in this case outrage, it leads to the classic: nobody plays because nobody plays.

So here's your battleplan...

Players:
If you like CF so much just play the ####ing game and ignore imms, or capitalize on the imms you actually like if you need that side of the game. Forget why you think you suddenly don't enjoy CF because if you think it's edges you can safely discard your own opinion, history doesn't bare that out.

Imms:
Don't let rude morons* talk to the PB at the same time that you're doing something unpopular or not doing something popular that's been done before consistently, especially don't let them lock threads to prevent discussion after they do. See the 'entitlement' tirade for an example.

Of course to do this successfully some of you will have to actually look in a ####ing mirror, which I doubt.

*forget about it, I'm not representing anyone

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEdgepoints History [View all] , Wanter-Of-More-Players (Anonymous), Sun 21-Oct-18 08:17 PM
Reply PK Edgepoints, Swordsosaurus, 23-Oct-18 09:01 PM, #10
Reply RE: PK Edgepoints, -flso, 24-Oct-18 04:01 AM, #12
     Reply At 4 in the morning?, Swordsosaurus, 24-Oct-18 04:34 AM, #13
          Reply It's 6 PM. (n/t), Murphy, 24-Oct-18 05:32 AM, #14
               Reply RE: It's 6 PM., Swordsosaurus, 24-Oct-18 10:25 AM, #15
Reply Again, robdarken_, 22-Oct-18 05:43 AM #5
Reply Not sure what to make of this, -flso, 23-Oct-18 10:28 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Not sure what to make of this, robdarken_, 23-Oct-18 05:01 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Not sure what to make of this, -flso, 23-Oct-18 06:01 PM, #8
Reply RE: Edgepoints History, Itham, 21-Oct-18 09:52 PM, #2
Reply I think the nerfs began after I had 31 with Einrai., Murphy, 21-Oct-18 10:53 PM, #3
     Reply Wasn't a lot of that b/c role entries? nt, Saagkri, 23-Oct-18 06:50 PM, #9
          Reply No., Murphy, 23-Oct-18 10:15 PM, #11
Reply Fixated much?, SPN, 21-Oct-18 09:13 PM, #1
     Reply We've changed your pasta for ####, Kstatida, 22-Oct-18 04:26 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71714 Previous topic | Next topic