Subject: "My opinion, though unpopular with some, is still the same. The pushes for realism at cost of fun..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58028
Show all folders

KoeKhaosSat 17-Jan-15 09:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58034, "My opinion, though unpopular with some, is still the same. The pushes for realism at cost of fun..."
Edited on Sat 17-Jan-15 10:00 AM

Is the main detractor from attracting new players IMO. Newer generations are spoiled by a society of instant gratification and don't have the attention span or dedication to stay focused on a game like this. Us older groups simply don't have time typically due to wives, children, and careers to give to what is required for this game now. I honestly think too much realism, some of which I am fine with, at the cost of gameplay fun has had the worst outcome to the player numbers as anything simply because the group of players that want to LIVE in and/or FOR the game has shrunk a great deal from when we were younger. That and the initial time investment and long term time investment has increased a good deal compared to when the game was younger, in many ways. This is not to say there have been only changes for the ill, as many changes have come in to help. Cap on EXP penalty to mob death was a nice change. Removing, at least it appears, EXP drain from mob energy drains is a nice change. There have been many nice changes, but many that just make it difficult to feel justified in the great amounts of time invested as a more older/mature adult.

I don't want to say that this is wrong. It's all perspective. It might be wrong for me and many others, but there are many players left, and immortals, that this kind of immersion is what they want above all else. Realism and RP should be so intense that they feel completely immersed. If this is where the game is decided to be, that's fine. But it won't retain as many players or be as inviting to as many players since those type of people are a very finite source.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked TopicSomething to drive up the playerbase [View all] , Torak, Fri 16-Jan-15 08:07 PM
Reply Dumb idea, Tsunami, 17-Jan-15 10:55 AM, #4
Reply Wow you are toxic, Torak, 18-Jan-15 04:21 AM, #6
     Reply Toxic?, Tsunami, 18-Jan-15 04:23 AM, #7
     Reply I have two exams this week, so my post here will be bri..., Mendos, 18-Jan-15 07:42 AM, #8
          Reply Fair points, Torak, 18-Jan-15 09:11 PM, #9
               Reply Thank god he met your feedback standard, right? nt, Aereglen, 19-Jan-15 11:35 AM, #10
               Reply The hostility should be expected., Tesline, 20-Jan-15 07:55 AM, #11
Reply No feedback?, Torak, 17-Jan-15 02:29 AM, #1
     Reply I was going to talk about what would've better, KaguMaru, 17-Jan-15 06:28 AM, #2
     Reply My opinion, though unpopular with some, is still the sa..., KoeKhaos, 17-Jan-15 10:00 AM #3
     Reply You are so needy, lurker, 17-Jan-15 02:48 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58028 Previous topic | Next topic