Subject: "I've been hacked? Denied? Divine intervention?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #51472
Show all folders

KaguMaruMon 16-Sep-13 06:16 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51472, "I've been hacked? Denied? Divine intervention?"
Edited on Mon 16-Sep-13 06:21 AM

Woke up, turned on my computer - tried to boot up my client. Windows tells me the .exe the shortcut points to no longer exists. I check inside the folder - nothing. I go to my downloads folder, try to run the .exe I installed it from - Suddenly this no longer exists, soon after it dissapears from view in my downloads folder. I try to download it again, when I try to open the containing folder to run it nothing happens - this works for every other file I downloaded. I go back to the download page and get a 404. Every other link on the site still works.

But it gets worse - I downloaded a different client, connected to the mud. Typed my character name. 'Illegal name'. Created a new character to test. That worked.

Edit: tried a 3rd client, seems my character now exists again. False alarm. Still, pretty freaked out.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI've been hacked? Denied? Divine intervention? [View all] , KaguMaru, Mon 16-Sep-13 06:16 AM
Reply RE: I've been hacked? Denied? Divine intervention?, Vilhazarog, 16-Sep-13 04:03 PM, #3
Reply What client?, Theerkla, 16-Sep-13 06:41 AM, #1
     Reply ALclient, KaguMaru, 16-Sep-13 07:10 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #51472 Previous topic | Next topic