Subject: "Minor annoyances with inventory/worn" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50615
Show all folders

ValkenarWed 31-Jul-13 09:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50615, "Minor annoyances with inventory/worn"

Can we change the order of examine/look so that it checks equipment after inventory? I rarely, if ever, want to examine something I'm wearing, but often want to look at something in my inventory. And I often find situations where I see a "circle" on the ground and want to pick it up and look at it, and end up looking at my skull rings. This could also be corrected by adding a "exa carried <object>" syntax analogous to "exa inv <keyword>" that checks for <object> that is not equipped, but that seems a little verbose and confusing and I'd rather have the first version.

I also find the ordering of worn items hopelessly confusing. E.g. which of my worn bracers is 1. seems to be determined not by the order shown with eq, but by the order it would appear in my inventory if I wasn't wearing it, which of course I never have any idea about. It leads to confusing things like "rem 2.ring" removing the first ring listed when I do an "eq"

Also, can we change the current "Exa inv" behavior? I find I want to look at invoker mobs and items beginning with "inv" and it's a minor annoyance to correct it by searching for the right number or doing an exa here. How about if we don't give a third argument to exa inv it tries to just look for "inv" the same way it looks for "invo"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMinor annoyances with inventory/worn [View all] , Valkenar, Wed 31-Jul-13 09:48 AM
Reply Help 3035, Tac, 31-Jul-13 05:19 PM, #6
Reply The #. system is tricky, vargal, 31-Jul-13 11:47 AM, #2
Reply I totally agree that it's a PITA at times., Homard, 31-Jul-13 10:48 AM, #1
     Reply Different problem, Valkenar, 31-Jul-13 01:57 PM, #3
          Reply If you have two "ring", your new one will be 3.ring, vargal, 31-Jul-13 02:08 PM, #4
               Reply That's wrong and the process is inconsistent. , Valkenar, 31-Jul-13 03:22 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50615 Previous topic | Next topic