Subject: "Do you accept radical ideas ... like unholy Santa Scarab wish list?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47033
Show all folders

ShapaMon 03-Sep-12 08:27 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47062, "Do you accept radical ideas ... like unholy Santa Scarab wish list?"
Edited on Mon 03-Sep-12 08:29 AM

Prehistory of my ideas.
Half of the players in CF are here for about 10+ years averagely already. Many of them know how exactly will any given fight(PK) end between any 2 characters if both characters will play correctly even before PK begins. Though i think that i know 2 combinations nobody have tried yet, one of them is being boring one-trick pony and another one is very similar to something i already played not once. And i think a lot of players (like me) expect a bit too much from the new races. I mean for example not-evil duergar, or not-evil strength based thief (not too little one), or goodie version of bearcharging ranger is very good from the RP perspective - but anyway it's very similar to something we all have already played many times. There are already characters with 200+ PKS for any class, almost any race. Maybe new races project with the help of many other immortals could become the bigger project like new class or something like that? Though Imms like Daevryn, Twist and other lower immortals who actively play mortals can balance anything; it may be quicker to balance the pvp game mechanics in actual CF, but making something new really not strong at all. And later making this new a bit stronger if needed after a lot of observations.

So along with the new RP options (by having something new) could you please also create something what will also give new PK options? It will be the real blast and only make the new RP options much better.

So here are my ideas:

1. Something like demon ... who can pk someone, eat the corpse and learn all spells/skills/communnes/cabal powers and maybe even actually look like that someone before the victim died for a huge amount of time. The time should be enough to PK someone next to learn his skills and so on. I don't know ... something like 4-5 hours maybe? And of course all spells/skills/communnes/cabal powers stay if this demon dies. The demon doesn't have his own spells/skills/communnes and cannot join any cabal. So the demon has to kill someone at level 11 with the help of mercenary and then pk someone every 4-5 hours of his life. The time could decrease with the level of the demon, only 2-3 hours at hero? Though i have no idea what to do if the demon fails to kill someone at pretty big level for those 5 hours .... dies? Has to sacrifice himself somewhere to loose the con to get last skills for another few hours? The timers and so on is just the idea, should be carefully looked at of course.

2. Something new in orc village? Maybe gimped version of any current class but with powers what work only on people who live in the orc village? It could perhaps also change orcs vs all cabals dynamic somehow?

3. Something else what is very hard to play, but is still playable by having few special tricks. Like elven blood for orcs, another form of healing. Or something else shaman-like what will make this something new to have long tactical battles (and not just do A, do B, then spam C)? In fact, even if something new is something like "it's very hard even to make 200 pk with" it will be much better and challenging.

I know anything like this (or anything else BIG) is a lot ot work, but should be very interesting to play after even for those who do it Daevryn, Twist and other lower level immortals too

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicShocking! [View all] , Vilhazarog, Thu 30-Aug-12 02:24 AM
Reply Who are you?, Tesline, 31-Aug-12 11:03 AM, #6
Reply empire imm from way way way way (like decade+ ago) back..., laxman, 31-Aug-12 11:37 AM, #7
     Reply way back machine, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 01:42 PM, #8
          Reply Very cool! (NT), Beer, 31-Aug-12 02:12 PM, #9
          Reply There were dragon imms?, lasentia, 31-Aug-12 02:37 PM, #10
               Reply RE: There were dragon imms?, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 02:52 PM, #11
               Reply Kind of like..., Tsunami, 31-Aug-12 04:10 PM, #12
                    Reply I haven't had time for Banana Slug, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 04:16 PM, #13
                         Reply That's it..., Tsunami, 31-Aug-12 05:05 PM, #14
                         Reply There goes my current., Splntrd, 31-Aug-12 06:35 PM, #15
                         Reply ha!, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 06:45 PM, #16
                         Reply I've been teetering on the edge of rolling. Will this p..., Stunna, 01-Sep-12 06:54 AM, #18
                         Reply What do you think about really unique high penalty - av..., Shapa, 02-Sep-12 08:20 AM, #20
                         Reply I'm receptive to it, Scarabaeus, 02-Sep-12 02:57 PM, #22
                              Reply Sadism?, xrus, 03-Sep-12 03:20 AM, #24
                              Reply Do you accept radical ideas ... like unholy Santa Scara..., Shapa, 03-Sep-12 08:29 AM #25
                                   Reply perhaps, Scarabaeus, 03-Sep-12 09:18 AM, #26
                                        Reply CF is so much better with you around. Just wanted to s..., TMNS, 03-Sep-12 01:15 PM, #27
                                             Reply Second. (nt), Bell, 04-Sep-12 05:20 PM, #28
                         Reply Ah how CF has benefitted from your energy..., TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 02-Sep-12 12:30 PM, #21
                              Reply we'd all be eating steak, Scarabaeus, 02-Sep-12 02:59 PM, #23
               Reply RE: There were dragon imms?, Daevryn, 31-Aug-12 07:47 PM, #17
                    Reply That's pretty awesome, lasentia, 01-Sep-12 08:15 AM, #19
Reply We were JUST talking about your tat last week! nt, Akresius, 30-Aug-12 03:44 PM, #4
Reply Starting talking about Khaso, Muuloc, and Eshval's tat'..., TMNS, 30-Aug-12 09:29 PM, #5
Reply Damn! I always wanted to give it a go to your religion!, Beer, 30-Aug-12 09:23 AM, #3
Reply I'll clear some room in my Immortal office..., Scarabaeus, 30-Aug-12 09:00 AM, #2
Reply Come back, you! (n/t), Daevryn, 30-Aug-12 06:59 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47033 Previous topic | Next topic