Subject: "Disagree with both." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4684
Show all folders

sarnacSun 06-Jun-04 11:21 AM
Member since 31st Jul 2003
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4685, "Disagree with both."

I disagree with both your points. First, making cabal powers such as the ones you mention work against mobs is a little over the top. Yes, mobs have evolved, but not all that much. Mobs remain dumb programs, which cannot adapt to new situations. I don't know, perhaps when they learn how to switch tactics then we can make them as vulnerable as players, but right now they're just the same old stupid mobs.

On the anti-ganging aspect, I think your hopes are a little too high here. You say "I thought that skill affects on outnumbered people were reduced to atleast give them a chance at escaping once". Or essentially, 0% chance of permalagging someone when you've got more than one person in your group. That doesn't make much sense, since a lone player with the right skill will still be able to permalag you but not a group? The idea is of anti-ganging is to reduce chance of permalagging when you're ganged, not negate it completely. It's to encourage people to gang a little less and to make ganged people have a little chance of escape. But the natural laws remain unchanged: you should have more chances to keep someone in a fight if you are a group, than if you are alone...

Sarnac

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCabal powers and Anti gang code. [View all] , Rutsah, Sun 06-Jun-04 09:12 AM
Reply RE: Cabal powers and Anti gang code., Valguarnera, 09-Jun-04 08:50 AM, #6
Reply RE: Cabal powers and Anti gang code., Nhiala, 06-Jun-04 06:43 PM, #2
Reply Any reason now however why the cabal powers shouldnt wo..., Rutsah, 06-Jun-04 07:13 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Any reason now however why the cabal powers shouldn..., Zulghinlour, 06-Jun-04 08:16 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Any reason now however why the cabal powers shouldn..., Romanul, 06-Jun-04 10:58 PM, #5
Reply Disagree with both., sarnac, 06-Jun-04 11:21 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4684 Previous topic | Next topic