Subject: "Two-Handed weapons made cool by themselves?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #42543
Show all folders

AlstonSat 14-Jan-12 10:44 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#42543, "Two-Handed weapons made cool by themselves?"

I believe it was mentioned in Santa Zulg that the staff didn’t want to much cross-over in skills among the classes. Fair enough, it’s a game and we want to have different builds and challenges but I have been bemoaning the lack of coolness that is a human barbarian that wields a monstrous two-handed battleaxe!

Some of you will say that there is nothing to prevent one from playing this since it’s an RP mud, but in truth there is. The PK aspect of the MUD.

As it stands one would give up too much in the way of extra stats, more attacks, bonuses to saves and damage, bye forgoing a dual wield.

So what I propose is this…
Rather than add extra skills when wielding a two handed weapon of the sorts I mentioned, have different skills work better or slight bonuses.

Some examples:
Parry slightly better but not to the extent of having shield block or another weapon in the off hand.
An effect that is like a +4 strength effect to help resist trapping or strength loss disarming but doesn’t otherwise increase damage (Unless you think that would be cool!)
A sort of first tier “Trapping” effect.
Axes = Disembowel works more reliably.
Axes Hook has small chance of slinging opponents weapon into another room.
Axes = Overhead much more reliable and damaging.
Flails = Bludgeon hurts more
Mace = Cranial works better against helmeted foes.
Mace = Dent causes more damage but doesn’t dent any more often.
Mace = Backhand works better.

And probably some more I am forgetting or not imagining.

So what do you folks think?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTwo-Handed weapons made cool by themselves? [View all] , Alston, Sat 14-Jan-12 10:44 AM
Reply RE: Two-Handed weapons made cool by themselves?, Illanthos, 14-Jan-12 12:03 PM, #2
Reply Thoughts, Homard, 14-Jan-12 10:59 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #42543 Previous topic | Next topic