Subject: "Werewolves, a new race?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4064
Show all folders

KalageadonSun 07-Mar-04 01:50 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1045 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4064, "Werewolves, a new race?"

Werewolves

Basic premise that they can only be human race or a separate race all together, and when in form they are similar to a shifter of old/new semi form abilities I know probably hard to work the coding, but I will describe to the best of my ability. If the idea is developed further as a human I think it should be for fighting types only assassins, warriors, and maybe anti-paladins or thieves.

-First: gear none on feet, head, or hands, this includes weapons and gauntlets/gloves.
-Second: The ability is only able to be called on a full moon or once it is mastered say (90%) it can be called at will though with limited time and like (Battle) thirst a exhausting period afterward.
-Third: as I said earlier similar to forms but gear other than what is stated should still count toward overall stats but no increased hit and dam to speak of, from the transformation, other than an increase in Strength which would raise hit and dam slightly.
-Fourth: With the added strength is also an added dexterity and vitality, but a loss of intelligence, wisdom, and charisma also an inherent resistance, not as strong as a giant but stronger than a felar.
-Fifth: With the resistance to weapons/physical attacks only, an added vulnerability is gained, to silver this meaning that any silver you have on your body or in your inventory will burn you including your coins like a constant poison or plague.
-Sixth: with the form not being a full transformation into an animal what the person wears can still be blasted by creatures in the game or shattered if stone by an invoker, also what you hold cant be manipulated such as sacks/potions/weapons/etc.. because the transformation of ones hands is so great that they can only be used as weapons.
-Seventh: For all transformations your metabolism quickens not like haste but an increase in the need to feed also an increase in need for sleep such as after a natural transformation of the moon a lesser exhaustion takes place; also while transformed you gain infravision.
-Eighth: form gains inherent fear of water so once you change its hard to swim.
-Ninth: could only be neutral or evil, don’t think there should be any light walking monsters such as this.
-Tenth: slurred speech while in form, not the same as a minotuar more suited for speaking with a maw.
-Eleventh: as reference to earlier with the increase in strength and speed number of hits per round goes up and dodge is slightly better than normal.
-Twelfth: A gain of three abilities while in form for fighting, first Biting- two round attack that causes slightly more damage than a normal hit but can cause bleeding though not as strong as say hamstring duration; second Slashing claws- multiple hit ability up to 4-6 hits at peek ; third Howl- Mixture of berserk and warcry can be used in tandem if the abilities are affecting during the change; Each ability should be gained as one gains titles though not necessarily in above order.
-Thirteenth: on some occasions when say gear is removed/shattered/death while on a full moon the transformation takes place automatically unable to calm yourself for the duration of the full moon.
-Fourteenth: as with a shifter the form gets stronger with titles but like each race weakens with age.
-Fifteenth: two separate descriptions should be written one for form and one while not.
-Sixteenth: an experience penalty maybe 250 or so extra each rank.

*Warriors/Assassins very workable because cant perform specialization skills, or joint locks/kicks, etc..
I am not completely sure how the skills would work if they should be like that of a shifter or just not allow the use of certain skills.
*A suggestion from a friend of mine also that the race has to be picked after rolling is complete as well as a limited number, maybe not quite as high as minotaur, but after rolling the character is done you have a choice to become, if the race is done by human transformation instead of a separate race altogether.
*if one gains a title while in form the dumb affect should stay in play, I think, though the slight increase in vitality should also have a similar affect.
*Yet another suggestion from another friend of mine that the transformation could just take place on a full moon all the time without having to call if the clothing on hands, head, and feet wasn’t strong enough to keep from being ripped apart, or even if perhaps one item is hindering the transformation that it become deformed (similar affect to dent) and the transformation take place anyway.
*Perhaps also that dependant on which path you choose to take with these creatures design that if the transformation attempted every time the moon was full their was also an ability to help calm the inner beast, and you would be able to use this because you could feel yourself begin to change as night comes.

P.S. all replies requested positive or negitive.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWerewolves, a new race? [View all] , Kalageadon, Sun 07-Mar-04 01:50 AM
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Valguarnera, 08-Mar-04 08:42 PM, #6
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Isildur, 08-Mar-04 11:33 PM, #8
     Reply Yea, Beer, 09-Mar-04 02:15 AM, #9
     Reply Felar?, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 09-Mar-04 08:40 AM, #10
          Reply RE: Felar?, Isildur, 09-Mar-04 11:21 PM, #11
Reply Big Thumbs down, ORB, 08-Mar-04 01:31 AM, #2
Reply while it may not happen, what about this idea.., Bajula, 08-Mar-04 10:16 AM, #4
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Splntrd, 07-Mar-04 11:01 AM, #1
     Reply Whats wrong with minotaurs? -nt, jaynus, 08-Mar-04 03:36 AM, #3
          Reply Minotaurs, Splntrd, 08-Mar-04 08:09 PM, #5
               Reply I'm a dragonlance reader and I love CF minotaurs -nt, jaynus, 08-Mar-04 10:52 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4064 Previous topic | Next topic