Subject: "In response to MetChehokendokey guy on Flaaying death thred" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38197
Show all folders

TsunamiWed 25-May-11 04:37 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38197, "In response to MetChehokendokey guy on Flaaying death thred"
Edited on Wed 25-May-11 04:37 PM

I don't want to hijack his thread.

Most, if not all, of the below is just my opinion.

I don't think he set out to be a griefer. My list of what I consider griefing in CF is also very, very small and most of it requires OOC stuff to take place.

"It's another to not do anything about it"

Well, it's CF. IC is IC and OOC is OOC. I don't like that logs are posted with active characters. I don't like that people are allowed to discuss active characters so much OOC (unless it is conerning game mechanics). So, in my book, "doing something about it" is just as bad as a griefer (my definition of griefing).

I certainly don't think you are a griefer just because someone feels griefed. This is kind of absurd considering how soft bellied many of the players here are. Some feel griefed if you take their snow worm shield. (yeah, I took one once and the guy called me a greedy whore IC before deleting.)

Carrion Fields is a brutal pvp/rp game. This means you must expect others to ruin your fun much of time if you do not do what they want. (stop using magic, obey the law, hug some trees, etc.)

I should probably stop ranting now. Just saying even with all the crap people posted I never saw him as a griefer and I personally give brownie points to those that don't end up arguing in logs or creating a character handle to defend themselves.

It shouldn't be up to them to defend themselves on an OOC forum. Especially if there is a chance they aren't even ON the forums. I didn't join/read the forums until I had played 1+ year.

Ok, I ranted a bit longer. Enjoy.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIn response to MetChehokendokey guy on Flaaying death t... [View all] , Tsunami, Wed 25-May-11 04:37 PM
Reply You didn't get my point,, MoetEtChandon, 26-May-11 11:30 AM, #3
Reply Yeah, I kind of picked that up, Tsunami, 26-May-11 12:03 PM, #4
Reply RE: In response to MetChehokendokey guy on Flaaying dea..., ORB, 26-May-11 08:18 AM, #1
     Reply The trouble with "calling people out on the forums", Tsunami, 26-May-11 11:01 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38197 Previous topic | Next topic