Subject: "It's a tough balance (pardon the pun, had to)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36916
Show all folders

lasentiaMon 17-Jan-11 01:34 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36920, "It's a tough balance (pardon the pun, had to)"

I won't dispute nexuns change fight dynamics, especially if there is more than one of them awake. But nexuns don't fight balanced. The bond puts nexuns in pairs. That does not mean they come across a single villager one sits out however. It's about the outcome and goal of restoring overall balance, not the means. Nexuns are sort of the bad guys because they do anything.

So they may raid, restore the codex, see balance restored, and not press to the inners with the imperials. Or just leave the imperials there out to dry. I think the thing is nexuns constantly have to gauge balance to know what is called for. Since it does shift all the time. And if you don't, sometimes you can end up doing the wrong thing.

You also have to look at other instances. Take the example of 4/5 hero imperials are on. And one fort hero. Empire holds the orb. They know he's not coming, cause he goes alone he is toast. But if he has 2 or three nexuns, he will come and you might still have that interesting fight.

If you see five nexuns all running around I think they are sort of a deterrent, that's true. But if you're the underpowered side, you love nexuns. They make you able to do things, instead of worrying about getting beat down. And lots of times I think it's the weak side calling the nexuns for help, not the nexuns calling them.

Just thoughts. A better understanding of what shifts the balance ad such might help with nexuns. And I mean for all players in general, including people playing nexuns.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNexus actually hurting balance and fun? [View all] , bobbyp, Mon 17-Jan-11 10:51 AM
Reply Nexus revamp idea: Chaos Magic vs Order Magic, laxman, 17-Jan-11 03:39 PM, #5
Reply It's a tough balance (pardon the pun, had to), lasentia, 17-Jan-11 01:34 PM #3
Reply FWIW, I've had two Nexuns and thought the cabal sucked., TMNS, 17-Jan-11 02:36 PM, #4
Reply My problem with the cabal, both as a Nexan and not..., Vladamir, 18-Jan-11 01:25 PM, #6
     Reply Eye and vanguard aren't bad, lasentia, 19-Jan-11 02:40 PM, #7
          Reply Yeah, vanguard is nice, incognito, 03-Feb-11 03:22 PM, #8
Reply On the whole I think nexans are good for the game, incognito, 03-Feb-11 03:25 PM, #9
Reply If Balance is not tipping heavily, Nexus is not going t..., DurNominator, 17-Jan-11 12:58 PM, #2
Reply nexus is not abiout cabal balance directly, laxman, 17-Jan-11 11:25 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36916 Previous topic | Next topic