Subject: "Sleek wands edges suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36018
Show all folders

larsihalvFri 22-Oct-10 12:36 PM
Member since 04th Oct 2009
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36018, "Sleek wands edges suggestions"

So, being a mage basically is a sad trip if you cannot find your sleek wands. Especially for a new player. Or a returning older player. Ahem.

Using the extra barrier source is nice, but ultimately not really helping me all that much if I have few ideas on where to look. Even using other players as sources you still can come up short.

My suggestion is that you add a cheaper edge which gives you a hint.
Ei, say half of the cost of a sleek (appropriate type) extra location.
Can only be chosen once for each sleek type.
This will be of tremendous help for any new player and much less aversive. The hint's topography could consist of some elements of the room/area or mob type. (filled with the stench of the undead, those that dwell below the surface, the tree dwelling folk, and so on. )
Example: Look for one with a scorched wrist and a cabinet full of liqour. (this one may be to easy, but any hint of the area and or mob)

What this will do is allow players not in the know to atleast start to get an impression on where to look, and asking and searching may then be much less problematic, less deletations due to not finding their wands, and perhaps an increase in using the extra sleek location.

Just my 5cents.
Cheers Lars

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSleek wands edges suggestions [View all] , larsihalv, Fri 22-Oct-10 12:36 PM
Reply I'm not a big mage player, I've had 5 mages ever..., Amberion, 24-Oct-10 06:30 AM, #4
Reply RE: I'm not a big mage player, I've had 5 mages ever..., larsihalv, 24-Oct-10 11:09 AM, #5
     Reply RE: I'm not a big mage player, I've had 5 mages ever..., Dervish, 24-Oct-10 12:10 PM, #6
     Reply Half the chars life? What are you playing?, Amberion, 24-Oct-10 06:07 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Half the chars life? What are you playing?, larsihalv, 24-Oct-10 07:23 PM, #8
Reply That has been brought to the table , Dervish, 24-Oct-10 03:51 AM, #3
Reply Is this the Lars from Norway, who played Seakrou?, MoetEtChandon, 23-Oct-10 08:16 PM, #2
Reply think magey, laxman, 22-Oct-10 01:04 PM, #1
     Reply The problem, trewyn, 26-Oct-10 12:30 PM, #9
          Reply your particular problem is, laxman, 26-Oct-10 01:24 PM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36018 Previous topic | Next topic