Subject: "RE: More flaws ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35442
Show all folders

thendrellFri 24-Sep-10 07:54 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35449, "RE: More flaws ideas"

Flaws are rather interesting things. I think they often sound good in char. design stages, but work worse in practice and end up being cause for deletion.

Mute: Not a bad idea, but for long term life of a char probably not a good idea and overly frustrating to not be able to use tells. I tried it with my pally, using macho, and in the end the game is just not too fun when you can't communicate with others. I just amended my role so I could speak after about 50 hours.

Blind/Deaf: Way too difficult to really play the game with. Maybe with certain bard edges they could be playable (read lips/Hear light), but that would be about it.

Extra hair: This is not too bad an idea actually, would be funny for a dwarf. Beard on fire you would think would do more than a scratch for example.

Independent/Bloodthirsty/Pacifist/Hydrophob: You can do this already you know, don't need a flaw to do it. Just randomly attack or never attack and never use anything that grants water breathing, disallow followers and never attempt to follow anyone.

Rude: Games hardly need more swearing, amd again, you can do it if you want to. I want random swearing I'll go play some Halo online.

My biggest thought on these flaws is you could use a little bit of effort and do most of them. Wanting Imms to put something in so you don't have to place in the effort seems wasteful, especially when it is hard to imagine any char taking some of these and playing it out for more than 20 hours.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMore flaws ideas [View all] , anti, Thu 23-Sep-10 05:23 PM
Reply Lol. The last flaw will rock! n/t, Dervish, 24-Sep-10 08:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: More flaws ideas, thendrell, 24-Sep-10 07:54 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35442 Previous topic | Next topic