Subject: "Grief" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35079
Show all folders

BeerTue 31-Aug-10 10:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35079, "Grief"

grief
n
1. deep or intense sorrow or distress, esp at the death of someone
2. something that causes keen distress or suffering
3. Informal trouble or annoyance people were giving me grief for leaving ten minutes early
come to grief Informal to end unsuccessfully or disastrously

You know, I don't speak of 'He's a griefer, he looted two pieces!' or 'He's a griefer, he level-sit!'

More like 'He's a griefer, each time he logs on he keeps fighting me until he can kill me, full/sac me and then when I regear, to kill me, full/sac me until I'm sick of it and log off'

Is that really necessary? Sure, it's a PK mud. Sure, it was worst it the past. Sure, you just quit/hide/level up/gang him. But what if I don't want to do that? What if I want to play now? What if I need to stay at that level to either know more of the class, gear up, practice some stuff or explore? Why should I be the one to change here?

What does spam killing someone and full saccing him each day will bring something more to this mud? Honestly? If it does, please tell me so I can RP something to it or just find something better to this than just learn how to regear faster each and every time so I can do something else of my logins.

I usually don't complain...usually I delete and move on. I'm a rage-deleter and I've worked hard until now to keep my char whom I enjoy around. But if that keeps on continuing, eventually I'll just leave. Oh no, that's not a threat to say 'I'm leaving, do something!' It's more like 'Hey, if you guys don't do something about such a silly thing, you might lose 1 or more players to this'

I've considered praying about it though I'd hate to be considered as a crybaby. I'm mostly asking for advices not to how to escape, I know thisĀ­. I've played the mud for 10 years now on and off. No I'm not elite. But when there's a spamming decked to the god gating machine wrecking your world because you don't have enough HP/Gold/Movement to run around until he finish you off and destroy everything you've got, unless your build is able to kill him, you'll eventually die. (Or be able to hide somewhere which was able to happen once)

Trying to be most constructive here so please, constructive answers? Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGrief [View all] , Beer, Tue 31-Aug-10 10:31 PM
Reply Have never seen that happen, Marcus_ (NOT Marcus), 01-Sep-10 02:33 PM, #7
Reply If I have to do this..., Beer, 01-Sep-10 05:01 PM, #10
Reply Tips, Quixotic, 01-Sep-10 11:32 AM, #3
Reply If the answer is Quit..., vargal, 01-Sep-10 04:36 PM, #8
     Reply Bingo, Beer, 01-Sep-10 05:01 PM, #9
     Reply I'm giving honest answers., Quixotic, 01-Sep-10 05:05 PM, #11
          Reply RE: I'm giving honest answers., incognito, 01-Sep-10 05:37 PM, #12
Reply RE: Grief, Asthiss, 01-Sep-10 02:59 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Grief, Beer, 01-Sep-10 09:58 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Grief, incognito, 01-Sep-10 01:41 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Grief, Isildur, 01-Sep-10 01:58 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Grief, incognito, 01-Sep-10 02:21 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: Grief, Isildur, 01-Sep-10 06:03 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Grief, incognito, 01-Sep-10 06:36 PM, #14
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35079 Previous topic | Next topic