Subject: "RE: Shifter forms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3334
Show all folders

KastellynSun 28-Dec-03 10:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3345, "RE: Shifter forms"

From a gameplay standpoint, I have always assumed that the shifter guild doesn't teach their students how to change form into that of a regular lion, or ram, or whatever. They teach them how to shift form into a magical construct that is best described as a lion, or ram, or whatever. As a consequence of the way they are taught, pretty much all the ram constructs look alike - there's not a lot of room for variety in those particular spells. Not to say this is the only interpretation - yours makes sense as well.

From a design standpoint, I remember how hard it was to come up with the initial descriptions (both long and short) for all the existing forms. Coming up with enough long and short descriptions to cover a 'set' of existing forms would be a lot of work.

I cannot comment on the coding standpoint, which is usually the long pole in the tent when it comes to a lot of ideas. We've got plenty of folks like myself who can do the design and hash out the gameplay issues, but if it isn't a high priority on the coding list, it just doesn't get done.

While I think this is an interesting idea that would probably add a bit more flair and individuality to the class, I'd say we'd need a serious lull in the work we're doing now to get it off the ground. It's rare enough that I see two shifters with the same forms going at it that I'd say: chalk up the confusion as to who is who to the haze of war, and start hacking away at one of them.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShifter forms [View all] , Korran, Sat 27-Dec-03 04:19 AM
Reply RE: Shifter forms, Kastellyn, 28-Dec-03 10:45 AM #3
Reply No offense man, Dallevian, 27-Dec-03 03:26 PM, #2
Reply I like this idea..., Vladamir, 27-Dec-03 01:22 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3334 Previous topic | Next topic