Subject: "Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25466
Show all folders

VythigorThu 25-Jun-09 10:13 PM
Member since 24th Jun 2009
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25466, "Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread"

What do you think of any of the following? (I deleted some of my wilder ideas like spirit shepherd giving back the 1/3rd con... hehe... but am leaving what I consider may be good changes.)

Aegis: Consider adding resist positive to aegis. I think this will decrease the amount of complaining about wrath weapons and will certainly provide a counter to a giant wielding two two-handed black swords and dealing more damage than Humansunders! Alternatively, consider giving good healers resist negative, evil healers resist positive, and neutral healers resist polarity which is a random positive/negative resist similar to neutral healer's protection spell. Paladins rip up evils anyway, so I don't think resist to wrath would really hurt that much. Just a thought.

Ardent Faith: Why such high mana cost? It seems to only very marginally lower the duration of maledictions. To be honest I never understood how to use it well or found a good situation to use it to justify the mana cost. I would lower the mana cost to one third of what it is now so healers can afford to always have it up.

Purity of Flesh/Purity of Blood: Extreme mana cost for very short duration. Perhaps make it an immunity for that duration and have a mechanic similar to invoker shields? Alternatively, and I think a better solution, is lower the mana cost. To be honest anything over 50 mana is too much for these abilities. Purity of Mind, on the other hand, certainly has its uses against bards, so I treat it differently from Purity of Flesh/Purity of Blood.

Bulwark of Faith: I know it's great and I understand its uses but it's too short and too costly. I would consider lowering the mana cost.

Miraculous Foresight: I could never justify 250 mana on this. It's just brutal.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHealers - Repost from Goodbye Thread [View all] , Vythigor, Thu 25-Jun-09 10:13 PM
Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, DurNominator, 05-Jul-09 02:39 PM, #5
Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 11:37 PM, #1
     Reply My fix, Torak, 26-Jun-09 02:52 AM, #2
     Reply I can't believe the player of an ap said that, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 06-Dec-09 06:26 PM, #9
          Reply Maybe on someone else but on yourself, it has little me..., Torak, 06-Dec-09 10:13 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Vythigor, 26-Jun-09 06:00 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Turing, 26-Jun-09 07:30 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Healer (Guest), 06-Dec-09 04:37 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Daevryn, 06-Dec-09 05:12 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Healers - Repost from Goodbye Thread, Me again (Guest), 06-Dec-09 05:43 PM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25466 Previous topic | Next topic