Subject: "All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I thought was bad." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2334
Show all folders

DeavrMon 22-Sep-03 10:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2361, "All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I thought was bad."

I agree very strongly with everything you said, what you list are all really good changes and I never stop appreaciating the good stuff the imms constantly deliver.

I'm really only talking about damnation for Shamans, and from my own point of view.

-startwhine-

damnation turned into a lucky pick of mostly useless afflictions.

a commune that I used practices on and personally tried to use in combat as often as I could to drive up its percentage, I finally get it to a good level and wammo, nerfed. Bad timing for me.

I also spent practices and time on redemption as I expected others shamans to use it against me. Now they will go for other communes.

I think my real beef is with the way it seemed to get downgraded. A pair of chars as any char does put the skills at hand to the most effective use they could come up with. And by the cries of the fallen a lethal combination it was. I am sure there are more.

Does this mean that the skill(s) should be toned down or completely nerfed?

As is usually fair to all a comprimise is probably the best solution.

Why not make blackjack a little more difficult from a group or on a target you recently fought? After all you walk into a room full of guys and you are not going to heighten you awareness? I'd suggest more but I really know nothing about blackjack.

Why not tone the skill down in small steps and see what difference it makes rather than make it so less usefull right of the bat? (Yeah I know, it is still a little better than curse for a number of reasons, exept against another shaman)

As has been suggested already perhaps:
- let the communer select the affliction, or
- only let any particular afflicion land once, or
- Increase the mana drain
- remove some of the more redundant afflicions from the list that can be achieved by other means (str, svspell, moves, mana)

I know most of this has been said already, just wonder if any of it has been considered?

-endwhine-

Thanks for reading.
Deavr

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicJust wanted to say, I'm impressed with whats been chang... [View all] , Stunna, Sun 21-Sep-03 10:46 PM
Reply All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I though..., Deavr, 22-Sep-03 10:41 PM #1
     Reply RE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I th..., Stunna, 24-Sep-03 11:48 AM, #2
          Reply agree apart from one point, incognito, 24-Sep-03 12:05 PM, #3
          Reply Point conceded. But still,, Stunna, 24-Sep-03 04:22 PM, #4
          Reply I agree with your view on other tactics are usually bet..., Deavr, 24-Sep-03 08:19 PM, #5
          Reply RE: All good stuff, but I would like to rehash one I th..., Boldereth, 28-Sep-03 05:34 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2334 Previous topic | Next topic