Subject: "Poisoner's Poisons Poisoning" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17314
Show all folders

AodhSun 01-Apr-07 11:04 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17314, "Poisoner's Poisons Poisoning"

Actually, it's not about that, but about poisoner's poisons crumbling.

I was wondering: is that *really* necessary? Poisoners already have a healthy timesink in ingredient gathering, gold gathering for ingredient buying, and the regular toil of a poisoner figuring out combinations and failing/getting better at concocting and applying. That seems a reasonable payoff for the (hopefully unlimited and op and whatever) power of the path.

It's also obviously by design that, once you've done all THAT, you can't really walk around "prepared" with your poisons at the ready. It makes perfect sense for weapon poison to wear off and it takes a good long time, so I've no complaints there, but I'd like to ask if anyone would like to rethink the duration that it takes (or if it's necessary to have) poisons to crumble. I understand one part of the design was that found ingredients make them last much longer than bought ones, perhaps you could make poisons made with found ingredients just rot_death? Or just have the things not crumble at all! Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPoisoner's Poisons Poisoning [View all] , Aodh, Sun 01-Apr-07 11:04 AM
Reply I'll just bump myself, then. Shameless! Plus more., Aodh, 03-Apr-07 01:40 PM, #1
     Reply I do it all the time! -nt-, Mekantos, 03-Apr-07 01:53 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17314 Previous topic | Next topic