Subject: "RE: Using actions in tells, yells, says, etc." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #16517
Show all folders

ValguarneraThu 15-Feb-07 03:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16518, "RE: Using actions in tells, yells, says, etc."

Example: You yell '*laughs lightly to herself in near madness*

As long as it's "audio" of a volume appropriate to the command, I don't have a problem with it. Within the same room you have a lot of socials plus emote available to you, of course, but if you can yell to someone else in the area, you could communicate in other sounds as well. Yell and tell behave as audio-- they're blocked by Deafen, etc.

Yelling/telling "*smiles*" or whatever strikes me as inappropriate/tacky.

My only issue with the example given is that "laughs lightly to herself" probably shouldn't cover a full area. Other than that, I see no reason to stifle someone's creativity.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUsing actions in tells, yells, says, etc. [View all] , lurker, Thu 15-Feb-07 02:59 PM
Reply RE: Using actions in tells, yells, says, etc., Valguarnera, 15-Feb-07 03:28 PM #1
     Reply RE: Using actions in tells, yells, says, etc., Wilhath, 15-Feb-07 03:36 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Using actions in tells, yells, says, etc., Tac, 15-Feb-07 04:19 PM, #3
               Reply Good. I was going for "suck." nt, Wilhath, 15-Feb-07 04:21 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #16517 Previous topic | Next topic