Subject: "Uses of Quiet" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11708
Show all folders

TharenaSat 07-Jan-06 02:12 PM
Member since 21st Aug 2005
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#11713, "Uses of Quiet"

As a bard, I've used quiet during key rp sessions (performing marriages) so that I'm not innundated with social issues outside of what I'm doing at the time. IE I am far too busy with what I'm doing to even contemplate talking to you, go away.

As a Trouper in general, contests or plays often have turned into runaway spam fests, and quiet quite simply cuts down the level of insanity. OK, yeah, they're called Heralds now. Bite me. =)

As an empowerment class, I've used quiet during sessions with my chosen imm. It's my prayer time, I'm interested in talking to my god, not being harassed, especially during empowerment or tattoo. Of course, that distinctly depends on the religion involved... a sphere protection may take a call for help during empowerment or tat as a means to assist their goals. A sphere anger could have a fit on anyone interrupting them... A sphere dedication is more likely to shut the world out and sit upon their chosen path. Etc, etc.

Another use involves the random possibility of a Kobold killing.

I'm sure there's more, these are just off the top of my head.

For the most part, it's rp based.. "I am unreachable, too occupied, etc to be able to talk to someone else." It might discourage roleplay in one aspect, but it also encourages roleplay in another.

I know I've used quiet at one point in time with all of my characters, and been thankful for it.

- Tharena

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuiet [View all] , Terwin05, Sat 07-Jan-06 10:17 AM
Reply Uses of Quiet, Tharena, 07-Jan-06 02:12 PM #2
Reply RE: Quiet, Vershelt (Anonymous), 07-Jan-06 12:27 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11708 Previous topic | Next topic