Subject: "Question: Why would anyone choose Mummy?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11094
Show all folders

OdrirgThu 01-Dec-05 10:46 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11094, "Question: Why would anyone choose Mummy?"

As opposed to Spectre/lich;
Sure, they get a few extra powers, and can rank 4 more times so they have a few more hp.

There is the immunity to things like plague and blind and stuff.

But then again, there is the 1 con a death thing, with being a massive target.

Then there is the no-quaff/eat/sleep thing. Well, mummies can get around that kinda, but they have to give up the healing they get from Vamp to do it.

Just seems to me, what with the situational powers they get, and those powers having some significant drawbacks from what I can tell from the helpfiles, That taking a chance to perma kill or cripple your character only to get rewarded with losing con ALOT faster seems an iffy tradeoff to me.

Then compare that with liching...

Sure, it's harder to lich, you need immteraction and the items you need to find are probably harder. but at least when you attempt to lich, you know the potential gains are worth the 1-con death/risks of elixir.

I think that the fact that of all the mummies, only one has *NOT* con died far before a regular mortal would have age died, goes to support my theory.

I'm not saying make mummies as ubber as a Lich can potentially be with phylacs. But maybe a bit of tweaking of the "risk/reward" ratio for going down the mummy path might be in order to make it a bit more of an option for someone who isn't looking for an early con death.

Sure, you can say that they don't age die, and that's a pluss, but so far, it just doesn't seem likely your con will last beyond regular mortal age death.

Unless of course you are either:
The Complete coward (in which case your imm history will be replete on how you never fight alone or never take chances, and you will probably get bored with the character anyway)

Or

You are the living embodiment of the legend of Nepenthe's Deathfullness. In which case you know enough about Cf and it's items and preps to go the lich route anyway.

To me, if the ability for morts to lich was completely taken away,

I still do not see why someone would choose mummy over Spectre.

Am I missing something?

Are my assumptions wrong?

If you have a different opinion, why?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion: Why would anyone choose Mummy? [View all] , Odrirg, Thu 01-Dec-05 10:46 PM
Reply RE: Question: Why would anyone choose Mummy?, nepenthe, 01-Dec-05 10:58 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Question: Why would anyone choose Mummy?, Aiekooso, 01-Dec-05 11:18 PM, #2
          Reply How about..., GinGa, 02-Dec-05 07:42 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Question: Why would anyone choose Mummy?, nepenthe, 02-Dec-05 08:52 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11094 Previous topic | Next topic