Subject: "Wanted to agree and disagree with Tac" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11083
Show all folders

AiekoosoWed 30-Nov-05 06:29 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11083, "Wanted to agree and disagree with Tac"

Deadfall: Can't do it while chamo'd
***Agree*** You should be able to do this while camo.

Harvest: 5 rounds of standing around unchamo'd for some food (it might be 3 rounds) thanks, but I think I'll just go buy some berry pies.

+++Agree and Disagree+++ The lag didn't bother me as much as the hidden time.

Subvert: I can't imagine a situation where this isn't the worst thing I can do with three rounds while attempting to attack a Trib, but hey, I never bothered to try it.... Cause umm.... I can't imagine a worse thing to do with my first three rounds?

+++Agree+++ It isn't like you can spam this skill. Decrease the time to one or two rounds.

Ignite: This is great, except for the fact that it has a short timer and is a crime.... So sure you can get an extra +20 hit dam, so long as you use it every 8 hours and don't use it in a protected area (so that you don't get flagged)

+++Agree+++ At the very least make it last longer for mage classes.

Windwalk: Ahh... the nicest power there is. Who needs flight potions when you have windwalk? Well unless you want to fight in a city... you know... where your enemies are. Granted it's great in a utility for the lazy sort of way, but quite frankly, I'd rather have flight potions.

+++Agree+++ How about putting a city timer on it? So if you are in a city for say 3-4 hours then it drops.

Vandalize: This power is so stupid. You can get maybe one potion, from an out of the way shop, and close it down for long enough that you had better get a DAMN good use outta that one potion you got. RP wise, it makes sense, game wise, it's great... for me to poop on.

+++Agree+++ If you keep the current format, perhaps change it so that you can aim for a certain potion. Yippy! I grabbed the detect evil potion again!

Chameleon: Ahhh the Outlander uber power that evens out everything else. YOU CAN'T MOVE. I'm sure everyone knows this, but unless you plan on sitting in one place for a very very long time in order to trap someone... this is really only useful for running away (provided you have the fetish). I'd rather have lots of teleport potions personnally, but maybe that's just because you can't stop teleporting with faerie fire... or fog... or bioluminescence... or mark of the prey... or piercing gaze... or any area spell, or any other of
the numerous ways to make some who is camo'd not camo'd anymore.

+++Disagree+++ For a warrior especially this is a bad ass power. Especially since you can prep while camo and then bum rush them with windwalk.

4) Sequestor: Without outlanders having insect call, I don't get how this power makes any sense. It doesn't take a genius to make a trigger to manacle the wanted (as I'm sure at least one spireling has) and after that, you get a short term no transportation effect. Yay for tribunals getting kills they have no business getting.

+++Agree+++ I'd gladly take old school manacles over sequestor.

5) Tribs don't have power outside the cities: Of course... they don't lose any power with the scales gone either.... so why ever leave? Eventually they have enough numbers to garuntee any retreival will be successful, and so they just sit there... in the city. I won't be fearing any Outlanders in the wilds now that I've played one, but I'm pretty sure I'll still avoid being wanted if I can... Parity?

+++Agree+++

6) No Healers: Tac got in trouble for bartering with town healers to heal so he could retreive. That puts your list of available healer mobs roughly equal with those of a Rager. Have fun with that.

+++Agree+++ I'd like to see outlanders who have a certain special power be able to get aid from ancient hidden forest creatures or something.

7) Any raid up the Spire, and any spireling is one recall potion, and one trib spire from being there to make your life miserable. Outlanders? If they aren't already there, you'll probably have your item before they get there. After all it isn't like there are any recall points close by, and they're going to have to run the rest of the way.

+++Disagree+++ There if you had above said power life was hella easy.

8) Gray Taint: This is just plain uneccessary. So you mistakenly wore a silver dragon necklace, or a raft from galadon. Welcome to 15 minutes of powers not working and stupidly bad regen rates.

+++Disagree+++ Don't be a moron and wear it.

9) Race/Class restrictions: I could go on about this for a very long time, but suffice to say, you have zero access to the four most deadly/powerful classes (necros, ap's, paladins, conjies). Zero, or near zero access to detect hidden (thieves/assassins/duergar). And the race class combinations you do allow are hamstrung by the other cabal restrictions. What were you thinking?

+++Agree kinda+++ The problem I had with my last Outlander was conflicting imm opinion. Innis didn't like traveling with Scions. Lyristeon encouraged it. And it is obvious from Arminas's comments that he didn't get kicked out for grouping with Paladins.

10) Stupid Outlander-friendly preps have stupid ass side effects. Seriously... CALM GOT ME KILLED. Why is it there?

+++Agree+++ They didn't last long enough to be of any use. It wasn't like any of them were super-great. Why not make them rot-death?

11) This one is thrown in specifically for Rehny, and because I think it's stupid for at least the evil branch of the Outlander, but could be applied across the board. Wilderness time... Why? For what purpose? If your enemies won't leave the city, why in god's name would you sit in the woods? How does this make sense?

+++Disagree+++ How else can you perfect chameleon?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWanted to agree and disagree with Tac [View all] , Aiekooso, Wed 30-Nov-05 06:29 PM
Reply The big deal with outlander powers, elmeri_, 01-Dec-05 09:04 AM, #5
Reply In summary, Theerkla, 01-Dec-05 09:25 AM, #6
Reply RE: Wanted to agree and disagree with Tac, DurNominator, 01-Dec-05 03:17 AM, #3
Reply Some suggestions and more of me reinforcing my own opin..., Tac, 01-Dec-05 12:38 AM, #2
Reply Outlanders, NNNick, 30-Nov-05 09:35 PM, #1
     Reply Disclaimer: I have not played outlanders, elmeri_, 01-Dec-05 08:02 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11083 Previous topic | Next topic