Subject: "MUDs niche" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #769
Show all folders

KstatidaSun 12-Jul-15 04:37 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#772, "MUDs niche"

Niche of MUD nowadays is mainly about people who don't have time, attitude or ability to play graphic extensive games. This could include ppl who simply have no time because they have too much business/family/etc.

Remember how the peak of MUDs popularity was when universities/schools had open internet access and tons of students played. The reason they did so because they could not play anything other than MUDs. It might be the same nowadays, except that all the students have PCs at their home now, but some grown-up people who have PCs have no desire to play graphical games, because they're "childish"/require time/money investment or for whatever other reason.

I for one play MUDs because it doesn't require me to run anything on my computer, and I'm totally free to browse other windows and work simultaneously.

P.S. I understand that was not really a "CF marketing plan", but just a topic to think on when targeting your audience.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe time honored "Invite players to help market" thread... [View all] , Mendos, Fri 10-Jul-15 12:08 PM
Reply RE: The time honored , Retan, 17-Jul-15 08:38 PM, #7
Reply MUDs niche, Kstatida, 12-Jul-15 04:37 AM #3
Reply You make some interesting points.., Mendos, 13-Jul-15 07:38 PM, #6
Reply Wiki, Tsunami, 10-Jul-15 12:20 PM, #1
     Reply Targeted adds, Zargu, 11-Jul-15 04:57 AM, #2
     Reply We're looking into this., Mendos, 13-Jul-15 07:28 PM, #5
     Reply If you are serious about contributing., Raltevio, 13-Jul-15 09:03 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #769 Previous topic | Next topic