Subject: "I'm just going to go a head and do it." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #670
Show all folders

CointreauTue 09-Aug-11 07:23 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#687, "I'm just going to go a head and do it."
Edited on Tue 09-Aug-11 08:10 PM

As I said I'm currently learning the subject it'll be a good method of study and I can go through the process week by week. Also I think I can get a copy of the University's qualtricks license, which is an awesome tool for conducting surveys.

Before I forget as well, I don't think we should have any form of rewards for completing the survey. Edge points, etc, will only encourage people to re-do the survey so that they may get bonus points on multiple characters and skew the data.

So far as I can tell the main issue is a lack of new players. So I'll focus my initial research around why current and ex players first started playing. Depending on its success I may go out and try throw our survey up on other gaming forums, etc, and ask gamers why they won't play CF - it may be obvious, but sometimes you learn something valuable.

Before I can write up the survey though, I need some help from you guys, both the staff and playerbase. Could you please give a brief description of how you first got into mudding and CF, what you were doing with your life at the time (e.g. Uni student, HS student, working full time, etc) and any other information you may feel is relevant.

For example, mine would be: I was around 15-16, at High School. An online friend I had met from another game (Myth 2) introduced to me to CF.

EDIT: Please mention how long you've been playing CF/Mudding for.

Cheers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMarket Research. [View all] , Cointreau, Thu 04-Aug-11 09:13 PM
Reply RE: Market Research., Nreykre, 09-Aug-11 09:46 PM, #7
Reply Is there anything in particular you want me to focus on..., Cointreau, 11-Aug-11 09:27 AM, #12
Reply I'm just going to go a head and do it., Cointreau, 09-Aug-11 08:10 PM #3
Reply Honestly.., Java, 09-Aug-11 07:44 PM, #4
Reply I disagree., Cointreau, 09-Aug-11 08:26 PM, #5
Reply Possibly.., Java, 09-Aug-11 08:44 PM, #6
     Reply I prefer text to visual., lasentia, 10-Aug-11 12:15 PM, #11
          Reply I completely agree with you, Onewingedangel, 11-Aug-11 02:27 PM, #13
Reply You're wrong. , Aereglen, 09-Aug-11 10:55 PM, #9
Reply CF brings a lot to the table other games can't., robdarken_, 10-Aug-11 07:23 AM, #10
Reply Response, Seilclavin, 09-Aug-11 10:11 PM, #8
Reply Write it up. I'll answer. n/t, Homard, 06-Aug-11 07:01 PM, #2
Reply bump (n/t), robdarken_, 05-Aug-11 07:39 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #670 Previous topic | Next topic