Subject: "Market Research." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #670
Show all folders

CointreauThu 04-Aug-11 09:13 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#670, "Market Research."
Edited on Thu 04-Aug-11 09:17 PM

Hey guys,

I'm currently in my third year of a Business and Commerce degree, majoring in marketing. I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert because whilst I understand the theory I have next to no experience. However, just looking over this board is seems like you guys are missing the most cruicial part of marketing: market research.

You guys know nothing about your target market. Who plays CF? What else do they play? Why do they enjoy CF? Why do they enjoy MUDs? How did they first find CF (especially those who more recently started)? etc.

More importantly, you have an eager and willing playerbase to fill out said surveys. Hell, if you wanted could give them an incentive like bonus edge points to any character they choose for filling it out. However you'd have to go one step further and find try and find others who do not play CF or MUDs, but are gamers, and find out why they haven't tried CF, what deters them, etc.

e-marketing is relatively cheap, if we can find a trend among currently players (especially those who've started playing recently) it would not be hard to put little things like banners on certain websites, on facebook profiles that have 'liked' certain groups, etc.

I'm currently doing two units this semester in emarketing and market research methods, and would be happy to write up a survey and analyze the results for you guys, or if you guys want to do it yourself I'd check out www.surveymonkey.com for a free, basic service, or www.qualtricks.com for a cheap, but superior survey site.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMarket Research. [View all] , Cointreau, Thu 04-Aug-11 09:13 PM
Reply RE: Market Research., Nreykre, 09-Aug-11 09:46 PM, #7
Reply Is there anything in particular you want me to focus on..., Cointreau, 11-Aug-11 09:27 AM, #12
Reply I'm just going to go a head and do it., Cointreau, 09-Aug-11 08:10 PM, #3
Reply Honestly.., Java, 09-Aug-11 07:44 PM, #4
Reply I disagree., Cointreau, 09-Aug-11 08:26 PM, #5
Reply Possibly.., Java, 09-Aug-11 08:44 PM, #6
     Reply I prefer text to visual., lasentia, 10-Aug-11 12:15 PM, #11
          Reply I completely agree with you, Onewingedangel, 11-Aug-11 02:27 PM, #13
Reply You're wrong. , Aereglen, 09-Aug-11 10:55 PM, #9
Reply CF brings a lot to the table other games can't., robdarken_, 10-Aug-11 07:23 AM, #10
Reply Response, Seilclavin, 09-Aug-11 10:11 PM, #8
Reply Write it up. I'll answer. n/t, Homard, 06-Aug-11 07:01 PM, #2
Reply bump (n/t), robdarken_, 05-Aug-11 07:39 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #670 Previous topic | Next topic