Subject: "RE: CF New Website Look" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #642
Show all folders

NreykreThu 28-Apr-11 04:42 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
90 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#645, "RE: CF New Website Look"

The reason it doesn't use a CMS (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.) is primarily because all I had access to was an FTP server and zero control over the environment, configuration, etc. Basically, I felt as though it would have been too much trouble (or frustration) given the level of control I have, especially relative to how I do things at my day job.

Suffice to say there are a lot of things I would have done, or done differently if certain limitations didn't exist. Please understand that as a heroimm, what I have the ability (i.e., permission and access) to do is appropriately limited.

That's also the reason the scope of my work didn't cross over onto the forums. It's simply not something I was or am in a position to tackle. As most technical people probably realize, the forums and website are totally isolated from each other.

Lastly, I just want to point out to everyone that as long as I'm around, I'll be doing my best to devote some of my attention to the website on an ongoing basis.

Lastly, a big thanks to Thror, Zulghinlour, and Nnaeshuk for getting me the things I needed to make the project work.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCF New Website Look [View all] , HammerSong, Mon 25-Apr-11 07:42 PM
Reply Looking good. Some suggestions that appeared in Dio's., DurNominator, 30-Apr-11 01:54 PM, #5
Reply RE: CF New Website Look, Eskelian, 28-Apr-11 12:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: CF New Website Look, Eskelian, 28-Apr-11 12:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: CF New Website Look, Nreykre, 28-Apr-11 04:42 PM #3
          Reply RE: CF New Website Look, Eskelian, 29-Apr-11 04:06 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #642 Previous topic | Next topic