Subject: "RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #543
Show all folders

sorlag (inactive user)Tue 16-Mar-10 06:27 PM
Charter member
#559, "RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update"

Here is my feedback. Some of it is probably stuff that just hasn't be "gotten to" yet, but I figured I'd throw it all up at once. Of course I realize it's a rough draft, and it's a good one too.

The placement of the logo seems kind of trashy. Would it be possible to get a copy of the logo in a different color scheme and/or with a transparent background? If not, perhaps part of the design to be tweaked to use a black background so it doesn't look quite so out of place.

Bring back the helpfile search box on the left nav or perhaps at the very top in the header.

The "Help" section seems to have gone away. Easy access to a more detailed view of races, classes, sub-classes (ranger breakdown, etc.), cabals, and all that stuff was helpful for character build research.

Vote / ranking badges.

The color used for links on the main page is too similar to some of the hues in the background color. Pick a color that contrasts more.

I would refer to CF as "Carrionfields" instead of "Carrionfields, LLC" wherever possible.

Like someone else said, ditch the Papyrus font. There are free fonts out there that have the same style without the pixelated look of an image that's been blown up 300% above it's original resolution.

Possibly add a newsletter sign up box on the homepage or in the global navigation.

The artwork is excellent. Some of it's hard to make out, but it all looks great.

The bullet list icon doesn't contrast very well with the background in some areas, and I can't figure out what it is. I would either use one of the default bullet sets for lists or go with something else. This one looks like a tiny picture or something, and I find myself continually trying to discern what it is.

Validate the XHTML. (Easier now than after you make ten pages based on this template)

The "paper" background images are tiled, which is nice. I'd like to see them a little smaller, though. 1280x1000 is pretty big for something you can tile anyway, even if it only weighs in at 76k (which isn't tiny).

That's it for now. If I can be of any help with the graphic design, XHTML/CSS/Javascript, PHP, SEO/SEM, etc., feel free to email me/PM me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCarrionFields Website Revamp [View all] , HammerSong, Fri 05-Feb-10 11:14 PM
Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp, Cerunnir, 16-Apr-10 07:34 AM, #13
Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp, sorlag (Anonymous), 08-Apr-10 09:22 PM, #12
Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp, HammerSong, 24-Feb-10 10:54 PM, #1
     Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update, HammerSong, 15-Mar-10 11:54 PM, #2
     Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update, Splntrd, 16-Mar-10 09:07 AM, #3
     Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update, Tac, 16-Mar-10 10:09 AM, #4
          Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update, Malakhi, 17-Mar-10 02:37 AM, #7
     Reply This is pretty top notch, Twist, 16-Mar-10 03:18 PM, #5
     Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp - Update, sorlag (Anonymous), 16-Mar-10 06:27 PM #6
     Reply I agree with the other posters, TOP NOTCH! But..., Amberion, 17-Mar-10 02:47 AM, #8
     Reply Some comments, DurNominator, 18-Mar-10 03:35 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Some comments, HammerSong, 18-Mar-10 06:58 PM, #11
     Reply RE: CarrionFields Website Revamp, Marcus_, 17-Mar-10 09:15 AM, #9
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #543 Previous topic | Next topic