Subject: "Advertising Idea: Increasing CF Numbers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #535
Show all folders

SolestriaThu 07-Jan-10 11:06 AM
Member since 07th Jan 2010
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#535, "Advertising Idea: Increasing CF Numbers"

Hey everyone,

Been playing CF off and on since about 1995 and am always listening to the threads about wishing we had more numbers.

My real-life work is freelance advertising online. Currently mostly in the legal industry, generate about 10,000+ leads per month for law firms, etc.

I was thinking that maybe what CF needs is some ad campaigns setup for it on Google/Yahoo/MSN etc. I would donate my time and do it for free on the side if some of us wanted to get together and pool the funds for a co-op campaign.

My thoughts are to keep it as CHEAP as possible. Minimum cpc bids at around 5-10 cents per visitor. 10 cents on the search, 5 cents on the content advertising. We could even go with cheaper on some of the 3rd tier search engines.

*This would mean for $10.00...the cost of 2 pbf's...we would be pullin in 100 to 200 visitors who not only are searching for Muds, free online roleplaying games, etc...but ONLY paying for those that visit the actual CarrionFields website. We maybe could even get CF to officially support the effort and drop an advertising tracking code on the connect page or such...so we could track out exactly how much for each keyword it costs to generate a visitor that goes all the way to connecting. (Focusing on what works, drop what doesn't etc, getting the most for the donated advertising)

In addition, we could try to bid on competitors. Example, those searching for the top muds would pull ads up that would say: Carrion Fields - A better mudding alternative. Hardcore Roleplaying since 1994, etc.

We could even branch out and try this with competing online games media, eg. WoW, EQ, and put in negative keywords for gold and such, so are ads don't pull and compete with those seeking WoW gold etc.

Anyway, just an idea. Again, I'd be willing to contribute the work at no costs. I believe we could even setup guest accounts for those contributing so they could monitor all the results without having permissions to change the advertising and mess something up via the backoffice advertising panel settings.

Let me know what you think...but even $100.00 pooled would be 1,000 to 2,000 unique visitors searching for mudding or the genre and would go a long way to promoting the game at the most cost effective means possible.

This also doesn't change the mud voting, postings, referrals, etc...but I believe by far would make the most noticable impact that we could possibly achieve.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAdvertising Idea: Increasing CF Numbers [View all] , Solestria, Thu 07-Jan-10 11:06 AM
Reply RE: How did you get to CF?, vorian, 08-Jan-10 10:41 PM, #2
Reply RE: How did you get to CF?, Serial Ranger, 09-Jan-10 08:17 PM, #3
Reply RE: Advertising Idea: Increasing CF Numbers, Dervish, 08-Jan-10 12:40 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #535 Previous topic | Next topic