Subject: "Quarterly Newsletter" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #408
Show all folders

FjarnTue 17-Jun-08 03:18 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#409, "Quarterly Newsletter"

From Kastellyn's Marketing Plan:

5. We need to follow up with ALL of our players. My thought: a quarterly email to all www.carrionfields.com registered users that summarizes the in-game changes (i.e., shifter revamp, edges for druids, new areas, etc.) from the past three months and gives a few easily gathered statistics and other relevant information (i.e., list of current Cabal leaders, average players over the last week/month, etc.) Something to try to draw former players back into the game and make newcomers feel like they're a part of the community.

Has any progress been made here? I think open communications are really important, and a quarterly "state-of-the-game" newsletter is a good way to keep people informed. On the statistics side, you could also provide information such as race popularity, class popularity, cabal popularity, and cabal wars - it may be too much info, or it might draw more folks in to playing that underdog combo that they've always wanted to try.

It should also be straightforward to summarize any imm-run quests. I know I'd certainly love to hear more about stuff that goes on when I'm not logged on - what started it, what happened, who participated, what was the outcome?

I can put the newsletter together, but gathering the information will require a little help from some of you implementationator types.

I also don't know how the logistics of distribution would work out. I think there's a lot of potential here, but I don't think I have enough information to get started just now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicKicking off the marketing campaign. Again. [View all] , Fjarn, Tue 17-Jun-08 02:55 PM
Reply my intro to D&D was through comics, bobbyp, 18-Jun-08 11:06 AM, #4
Reply RE: Kicking off the marketing campaign. Again., Daevryn, 18-Jun-08 09:39 AM, #3
Reply TMS, nebel, 17-Jun-08 05:51 PM, #2
Reply Quarterly Newsletter, Fjarn, 17-Jun-08 03:18 PM #1
     Reply RE: Quarterly Newsletter, Stunna, 19-Jun-08 06:56 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #408 Previous topic | Next topic