Subject: "Kicking off the marketing campaign. Again." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #408
Show all folders

FjarnTue 17-Jun-08 02:55 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#408, "Kicking off the marketing campaign. Again."

I'd like to kick this marketing thing in the junk and get it moving again. There are several items that I'd like to address:

1) Intro page visibility (Kastellyn or web admin)
There were two (or three?) intro pages generated awhile back, with links to a tab-based "Welcome to Carrion Fields" style tutorial. That is pretty handy for new or potential players - why do we hide it so? I'd propose that we should link the tutorial to the front page, between DONATIONS and SEARCH. Call it "Tutorial" or "New to CF?" or whatever you like. Remember, right now, content > design. We don't need to expand the swirly dragon or anything. A simple link with the same (or similar) font would suffice.

2) Ad feedback and data (Lyristeon?)
How is the google ad project coming along? What ads led to which intro pages, and what kind of response did they result in? What can we do to tweak the intro pages, or do we need to put together some all-new ones to cover another market segment?

3) Idea Brainstorming (All)
We've had some good ideas come through this forum, but things have gotten slow in the past six months or so. Are there other ways to advertise CF? 4th edition D&D was just released - can we exploit the renewed interest in pen-and-paper roleplaying to draw in new players? I'm sure we can't hope to convince a publisher like Bantham to put a CF ad in the back of a fantasy novel (not within our budget anyway). What about a basket of CF bookmarks at the local Barnes and Noble, Half-Price Books, or comic book store? I'd like to see some additional brochures easily accessible for the community to print and post, but dammit Jim, I'm an engineer, not an artist! And what about other distribution methods? Personalized CF playing cards, free at the student union, or a college bookstore?

4) Marketing budget (Kastellyn?)
There was talk about a marketing budget. Do we have one? Are we going to try to make one? Do we even need one?

I had a few other thoughts, but they were eaten by the forum. I'd like to jump start the strategic plan post of Kastellyn's also...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicKicking off the marketing campaign. Again. [View all] , Fjarn, Tue 17-Jun-08 02:55 PM
Reply my intro to D&D was through comics, bobbyp, 18-Jun-08 11:06 AM, #4
Reply RE: Kicking off the marketing campaign. Again., Daevryn, 18-Jun-08 09:39 AM, #3
Reply TMS, nebel, 17-Jun-08 05:51 PM, #2
Reply Quarterly Newsletter, Fjarn, 17-Jun-08 03:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Quarterly Newsletter, Stunna, 19-Jun-08 06:56 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #408 Previous topic | Next topic