Subject: "The deadness of this forum saddens me." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #402
Show all folders

TacWed 14-May-08 08:57 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#402, "The deadness of this forum saddens me."

That said. Can you set up a way to automagically donate 5 dollars a month from a credit card/paypal account/whatever? You said you need 50 pbfs, or $250 a month to have enough for an advertising budget. If I could painlessly (meaning without my needing to do anything) donate 5 dollars a month (or more) I don't think I would be the only person interested. I'd venture to say that you could get your advertising budget right there by having 25 players donate the neccessary amount month by month + the 25ish pbf's that get purchased on their own.

I'd also like to see a donation counter. Like a thermometer on the side that has a 250$ or 50 PBF goal that resets every month so that people can see if we are reaching our goal. I looked for code for one (not for very long) but came up empty. If anyone knows where to find one we could reuse, that would be great.

Honestly, having a plan is good, but I'd rather you had the money to advertise and learn from doing than to have a plan that slowly dies for lack of funding/interest, because right now it seems like a whole lot of nothing is getting done.

Seriously, make it easy to get my money on a monthly basis, and I'll donate even when I stop playing and completely forget... Who is going to notice an extra $5 on their credit card statement every month?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThe deadness of this forum saddens me. [View all] , Tac, Wed 14-May-08 08:57 AM
Reply Just noticed this over at topmuds., Tac, 15-May-08 09:22 PM, #5
Reply I suggested this as well, Stunna, 15-May-08 09:50 AM, #1
     Reply I'm ok with them not knowing..., Tac, 15-May-08 10:51 AM, #2
          Reply No doubt!, Stunna, 15-May-08 11:49 AM, #3
               Reply RE: No doubt!, TheFrog, 15-May-08 05:10 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #402 Previous topic | Next topic