Subject: "RE: PK" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #214
Show all folders

ElerosseFri 16-Nov-07 10:15 AM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#219, "RE: PK"

While I do agree that providing some insight into game mechanics and how they play out in PK as you mentioned would be good to have in the academy.

What I gather from the OP is that the confusion isn’t so much about a lack of understanding of the mechanics of PK but more so how PK and RP are intertwined within CF. What I don’t think is explained well in the academy, and isn’t immediately obvious to many new players, is that the game has many built in mechanism for encouraging conflict amongst players. The most obvious examples are the cabals themselves, excluding Herald, each cabal has a subset of players that are deemed natural enemies and these people as part of many players RP will be killed on sight. So while it might not look like RP to the victim if a maran storm giant warrior walks in and immediately starts bashing your duergar, it is in fact the standard RP that should be expected between two such characters. I understand there are exceptions but I think this is pretty much the general rule and how the game tends to play out.

So in essence what I think the academy could use is a better introduction to how these conflicts play out in the game. That is making it more obvious that as part of many if not most players RP there will be a PK component. And this component tends to be of the nature of kill first ask questions latter. This is of course just my opinion on how many newer players miss the link between RP and PK within CF and instead come to the conclusion that there is limited RP and just massive PKing on the mud.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFirst impressions within the mud [View all] , Boon, Fri 16-Nov-07 01:17 AM
Reply GREAT info., Stunna, 16-Nov-07 02:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: PK, Zesam, 16-Nov-07 03:22 AM, #1
     Reply RE: PK, Elerosse, 16-Nov-07 10:15 AM #2
     Reply This might sound dumb but hear me out, Hopelessdwarf, 16-Nov-07 09:08 PM, #4
     Reply RE: This might sound dumb but hear me out, ForsoothAnon, 05-Dec-07 10:28 PM, #6
     Reply Let newbies at 5+ fight each other without killing each..., Sandello, 01-Dec-07 12:44 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #214 Previous topic | Next topic