Subject: "Interactive novels" Previous topic | Last topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #123
Show all folders

AmortisThu 08-Nov-07 09:51 PM
Member since 12th Jun 2007
69 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138, "Interactive novels"

Here is my bright idea.

CF is text... it's an asset, not a fault, for reasons that us here all get.

The strongest lure to CF is the ability to play a character in an ever-changing story. Basically, helping write the giant story of Thera. If you do well, your character makes an imprint in some memorable narratives.

Muds, RP-muds in particular, are the pre-cursors to reality TV. Often, not always, compelling stories are created just by planting seeds of conflict together. That's the basis of CF, and it's the basis of Survivor and The Real World.

Anyway, nevermind that, what we should try is to pool together our writing talents and take some of the cool stories from CF and stitch them into chapters of a greater novel, and post them on the website. Can even self-publish a CF book at Lulu.com.

People may not be ready for mudding, but the idea of this text that is generated by the actions by the prime characters in the game would be pretty cool, and might grab the interest of folks. I haven't seen anything like this, but lots of the stories from this game are hell of a lot more compelling than a Forgotten Realms book, and they're written by us.

Basically, I think, if somehow we are able to write stories, even if a little rough, based on the occurences in CF, it would be cool. Hell, we could make a few good chapters based on Victoria, Ravon, and Nihavera. This is something players that want to conribute in a greater way can do.

Maybe we need a "story" command to supplement role! I'm not even talking about writing all flowery, just, "I stood up to Ravon today, and the fetish remained ours. Major actions, deaths, and so forth, and then an ambitious writer can embellish and research with the character for details. I ramble.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCF Advertisement in a major market [View all] , Enbuergo1, Tue 06-Nov-07 09:52 PM
Reply Im joining team Marketing for my time, CrftedDeception, 09-Nov-07 11:54 PM, #16
Reply Interactive novels, Amortis, 08-Nov-07 09:51 PM #14
Reply RE: Interactive novels, Amberion, 12-Nov-07 12:02 PM, #17
Reply RE: CF Advertisement in a major market, Braemir, 08-Nov-07 08:38 PM, #13
Reply RE: CF Advertisement in a major market, Enbuergo1, 09-Nov-07 11:40 AM, #15
Reply RE: CF Advertisement in a major market, incognito, 07-Nov-07 06:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: CF Advertisement in a major market, Enbuergo1, 07-Nov-07 10:50 PM, #10
Reply RE: CF Advertisement in a major market, Daevryn, 07-Nov-07 01:23 AM, #1
     Reply It needs to be done, Mekantos, 07-Nov-07 04:28 AM, #2
     Reply RE: It needs to be done, Valguarnera, 08-Nov-07 07:17 AM, #11
     Reply grumble, Stunna, 07-Nov-07 11:18 AM, #3
          Reply Hey Stunna, Mekantos, 07-Nov-07 01:18 PM, #4
          Reply You'd have to play an instrument... or have a monster r..., Stunna, 07-Nov-07 06:11 PM, #7
          Reply What exactly do you do?~, Enbuergo1, 07-Nov-07 01:33 PM, #5
          Reply Marketing consultant + Own 3 solid companies. smtxt, Stunna, 07-Nov-07 05:58 PM, #6
               Reply Valg: Hire This Man.~, Enbuergo1, 07-Nov-07 08:20 PM, #9
          Reply Okay, my #### is a bit shorter, but still..., Dervish, 08-Nov-07 04:56 PM, #12
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #123 Previous topic | Last topic