Subject: "Newbie Guide to the Insanity." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #750
Show all folders

Psektos (inactive user)Wed 20-Apr-05 02:05 PM
Charter member

Hey all my fellow newbies! I was given this advice by an Imm and it seemed to resonate quite well with me. So here we go!

1) Never, and I do mean never get to level 11 without having a plan! You have to know where to get what potions, pills, and gear your specific class is going to need. More importantly you have to know how to get it in a hurry!

2) Learn the central areas! Your hometown and the major cities are key to getting around CF but more importantly learn the major roads! You are going to have to learn how to run before you can learn how to escape!

3) Make friends, ask questions, and make more friends. Without mentorship on CF you are in trouble especially if you have a wrong idea about how things work! Use the newbie channel a LOT upto level eleven to make sure you know your skill, spells, supps and their basic applications.

4) Ask about what race-class combinations allow you the best chance early on to survive and learn. Some races are just a no-no.. Elves for example have a vulnerability to iron. There are IRON weapons everywhere!

5) Eventually get caballed with a character to learn the intricacies of roleplaying and group combat. Also being a part of an organization gives you a leg-up on keeping up with the Jones.

6) Never be afraid to ask a dumb question! Ever! Ask your groupmates, ask your friends, ask an Imm but ask that question because if you do not who knows what you will be doing absolutely wrong.

7) Stay the course. Quitting a character because of PK frustrations, poor Cabal responses, or no Imm interaction leads to your inability to learn the game. Take your lumps and learn from them! This is the absolutely hardest thing to do, even veteran players succumb to rage deletes. Do not do it, just keep plugging and remember to add a new chapter to your role to represent your character's new direction. Trust me on this one, it is the worst thing you could do to yourself.

Cheers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNewbie Guide to the Insanity. [View all] , Psektos (inactive user), Wed 20-Apr-05 02:05 PM
Reply The Newbie Nightmare Continues: Elm Street Sucks!, Psektos (Anonymous), 26-Apr-05 03:31 PM, #7
Reply I just about cried when I had 100 gold sac'ed by Outlan..., Gourvae, 05-May-05 04:06 PM, #10
Reply I agree with all but this., Vandir, 21-Apr-05 06:26 PM, #2
Reply I don't know, incognito, 21-Apr-05 06:34 PM, #3
Reply The easy stuff:, Valguarnera, 21-Apr-05 07:40 PM, #4
Reply Here is a helpful hint: Merchandise! (And buy maps.), Psektos (Anonymous), 23-Apr-05 03:24 AM, #5
     Reply Woow., shamanman, 23-Apr-05 06:05 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Here is a helpful hint: Merchandise! (And buy maps...., Sandello, 01-May-05 03:05 AM, #8
Reply Damn good post, incognito, 20-Apr-05 02:17 PM, #1
     Reply From the newbie point of view, Tan, 02-May-05 07:51 PM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #750 Previous topic | Next topic