Subject: "Question about people you meet irl who then want to play:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580
Show all folders

BajulaWed 02-Feb-05 02:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#580, "Question about people you meet irl who then want to play:"

Okay, I was reading forum stuff at work, someone came and asked
what I was doing, So I started talking baout the mud.
Now they want to play. I can't bring myself to just cut them loose
in the most hostile environment I know with 'type telnet//carrionfields.com 999 into your browser'
Which is how I was originally introduced
The other person at least later when I was having trouble led me around by the hand for a bit.

So here is the deal, I'd like to lead this person around for a bit.
I do not intend to perma, or even pk with them. I'd like to see them get a vague idea on how to get around the major places though.
I've kept from introducing new players into the game for some time now, but this person is A) sincerely interested B)female which we don't have enough of imho, (they think differently and it adds something to the play even if they are playing a male and you never have a hint they are female, it just gives a different perspective. ) and C) I'm just tired of a choice between not introducing new players to one of my favorite past-times and wondering if I bring them in will I cause problems with other players/immortals because of knowing this person irl, or worse, will I screw up my character because of knowing who this person is irl. (i.e. feeling bad, hearing they are being jumped, running to aid, or doing (whatever) for ooc reasons) and D) because I haven't played in a long time (for me) and have been looking for 'inspiration' and this might just do it.

I figure I'll cut down on some problems by doing a char of a similar bent (So there is an IC reason to aid the other character)

I'm going to do it, I expect to be watched, warned for anything going 'too far', I'll do my best not to do anything to earn a smack-down.

So after all the babbling the question is:
How do the immortals and players feel about this kind of thing?

* No matter how bad it is I want to hear it. Lay it on me.
If the imms have a real problem with it, holler and I'll delete
my 'helper' character shortly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion about people you meet irl who then want to pla... [View all] , Bajula, Wed 02-Feb-05 02:42 PM
Reply Quick, Important Question -, Straklaw, 12-Feb-05 03:53 PM, #9
Reply Shhhh. Secret information inside., Bajula, 13-Feb-05 02:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., Qaledus, 03-Feb-05 12:44 AM, #5
Reply Cool cool., Bajula, 03-Feb-05 01:41 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Cool cool., Nivek1, 03-Feb-05 08:20 AM, #7
          Reply Ahh, then it won't be a problem :) and thanks -nt, Bajula, 03-Feb-05 10:39 AM, #8
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., nepenthe, 02-Feb-05 06:07 PM, #3
Reply Thanks man I seem to have gotten across what I meant fo..., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 11:41 PM, #4
Reply Some thoughts, DurNominator, 02-Feb-05 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply good ideas., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 04:51 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580 Previous topic | Next topic