Subject: "How not to start out..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4754
Show all folders

HuukorTue 20-Jun-17 07:14 AM
Member since 20th Jun 2017
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4754, "How not to start out..."

So this is the first MUD I've tried in over 20 years. Since CF is over 20 years old, I thought it would be perfect and perfectly old-school.

So what should I play? I know, I will spin up an old idea for a character and make him fresh. Huukor, an ugly dumb goblin who likes mischief. Hm, home town? Sure, "Goblin Outpost" seems appropriate.

Apparently there are few maps available online... that I can find. All the Angelfire hosted images are blocked if you're not already a member. That's okay, I will just map my own!

There seems to be few options for food in the game, at least in my circumstances, so I am now just watching "You are hungry..." scroll past. So far, I am earning one copper per rabbit I kill, and I can't even eat the rabbit. Maybe I just don't know the right thing to do in the Meat Shack. There are tips on how to EAT in the newbie guides but not exactly how to BUY. Oh, HELP BUY let me learn how to LIST what is for sale. Eyeballs on a stick. Deee~lish! If I spend all I own, I can get two whole meals out of the bargain.

I have no idea where the Academy is, anymore. I haven't even found an actual city yet. I better learn where there's good hunting soon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow not to start out... [View all] , Huukor, Tue 20-Jun-17 07:14 AM
Reply RE: How not to start out..., Isildur, 21-Jun-17 06:51 AM, #10
Reply RE: How not to start out..., Ishuli, 20-Jun-17 09:13 AM, #5
Reply Also the blacksmith doesn't trade, Kstatida, 20-Jun-17 09:33 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Also the blacksmith doesn't trade, Ishuli, 20-Jun-17 01:35 PM, #7
          Reply Wow never caught that from descriptions, Kstatida, 21-Jun-17 04:04 AM, #9
Reply Well as for the maps in general, Murphy, 20-Jun-17 07:43 AM, #1
     Reply It's up by Hillcrest. nt, Tac, 20-Jun-17 08:01 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Well as for the maps in general, Huukor, 20-Jun-17 08:04 AM, #3
          Reply Being the most prominent goblin player around here *fle..., Kstatida, 20-Jun-17 09:00 AM, #4
          Reply Goblin Outpost, Kalageadon, 20-Jun-17 06:45 PM, #8
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4754 Previous topic | Next topic