Subject: "Camouflaged shrubs?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4650
Show all folders

FlatEarthIsRealThu 05-Jan-17 03:26 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2016
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4661, "Camouflaged shrubs?"

Thank you everyone for the answers to my questions. You bring up another point I have trouble with. Skill practice. How do you manage it without leveling up? I had a good run with Malagmyr because of a skill learning bonus while ranking, but other than that I feel my skills are very sub par compared to the way people talk about their chars and maxing X skill before passing Y level or whatever. By the way, thank you to the mages and folks that kept learning with me despite having to hold my evil hand a bit. I'm getting there!

I've played a mud that had training dummies you could practice on, is there something like that I just haven't found? Is that what Barovia and the camouflaged shrub are for?

I tried to switch to a few classes with healing which were human. I noticed my skill gains were WAY worse with them, so I really don't see how I'd ever max something without leveling. Unless maybe you just don't kill the mob? I could do that with the ranger that can hide in the forest, but the paladin doesn't seem likely to accomplish that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSpear/Staff Question [View all] , FlatEarthIsReal, Wed 28-Dec-16 08:35 PM
Reply RE: Spear/Staff Question, Destuvius, 28-Dec-16 09:19 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Spear/Staff Question, Tac, 29-Dec-16 09:39 AM, #2
          Reply Ty for the fix there, Destuvius, 29-Dec-16 02:54 PM, #3
          Reply Which means you don't play morts, Kstatida, 29-Dec-16 11:26 PM, #5
               Reply RE: Which means you don't play morts, Destuvius, 30-Dec-16 03:30 AM, #8
                    Reply The game doesn't begin at hero, Desty!, Jormyr, 30-Dec-16 12:53 PM, #9
                         Reply I just use the camouflaged shrubs I hid in the, Umiron, 30-Dec-16 01:31 PM, #10
                              Reply Camouflaged shrubs?, FlatEarthIsReal, 05-Jan-17 03:26 PM #11
                              Reply You want to start a topic on Gameplay forum, Kstatida, 06-Jan-17 05:45 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Camouflaged shrubs?, incognito, 07-Jan-17 03:22 AM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Camouflaged shrubs?, Jaegendar, 07-Jan-17 04:32 PM, #16
                                        Reply RE: Camouflaged shrubs?, incognito, 08-Jan-17 03:14 AM, #17
                              Reply Lolz. Wonderful., Onewingedangel, 06-Jan-17 03:03 PM, #12
          Reply stupid double post nt, Destuvius, 29-Dec-16 02:54 PM, #4
          Reply felar is actually a great tank for spear/staff, Dallevian, 29-Dec-16 11:33 PM, #6
               Reply Until you meet a porcupine, Murphy, 29-Dec-16 11:42 PM, #7
                    Reply and yet a felar staff/spear spec was the first to kill ..., Abernyte, 07-Jan-17 10:51 AM, #15
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4650 Previous topic | Next topic