Subject: "I'll take a swing at it" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4452
Show all folders

SertiusMon 03-Aug-15 08:46 PM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4453, "I'll take a swing at it"

The two classes you outlined, the ranger and the assassin are probably indeed the best two in terms of solo ranking. Let's assume you go goodie (for request and easier ranking path) assassin (because they're strong across all terrains and levels and at hero). Join Fortress, they do allow newbies in. You'll get protection from evil at least. For race, arials are best tanks, felars are strong with claws and backfist, and humans are the probably the fastest to level.

25-30+ Mausoleum. Get some flaming and/or silver weapons. Talk to the guy in Voralia above the pit.
30sh-40sh Spiderhaunt woods. Talk to John the Lumberjack in the Weald.
30sh-40sh Eil Shaeria.
40sh-45sh Organia
40sh-45sh Aran'gird
40sh-51 Skeletons on the Mount Calandaryl

Sources of ranking eq:

Early: Complete the Academy quest, buy light things from the Bramblefield road vendors, grab two opal rings, flame sword in Seantryn Sewers
Bit later: Kill goblin general in Emerald

Mix of Bramblefield/goblin eq is good enough to rank to hero honestly, as long as you can request quality weapons along the way. Other eq recommendations are fairly specific, but being in Fort you'll manage to have lots of things just incidentally.

Aim to always have less than half your total max weight on you to maximize dodge and you'll be golden.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRanking Mechanics [View all] , Noobzilla, Mon 03-Aug-15 07:22 PM
Reply Forget mages and warriors, stick to assassin or ranger, -flso, 02-Oct-15 09:48 PM, #9
Reply Watching the other guy is the best way to learn, Kstatida, 04-Aug-15 03:16 AM, #4
Reply RE: Watching the other guy is the best way to learn, Noobzilla, 04-Aug-15 09:53 AM, #6
Reply I'll take a swing at it, Sertius, 03-Aug-15 08:46 PM #1
     Reply RE: I'll take a swing at it, Noobzilla, 03-Aug-15 09:07 PM, #2
          Reply Level guides, Tsunami, 03-Aug-15 10:17 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Level guides, Noobzilla, 04-Aug-15 09:44 AM, #5
                    Reply Go swords, Tsunami, 04-Aug-15 10:27 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: Go swords, Noobzilla, 04-Aug-15 06:30 PM, #8
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4452 Previous topic | Next topic