Subject: "Well, exactly" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2893
Show all folders

MoetEtChandonSat 23-Oct-10 06:00 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2899, "Well, exactly"

> When I had my air shifter I was able to kill two kinds of people solo:
1. If I caught them with pants down (happened rarely)
2. If that was some real newbie who did not teleport away, who did not dirt kick me, did not maladict, instead he fled and fled in the same area, without even trying to leave to another adjancent area. I remember a fight when I pecked, changed to my off form and he fled. I waited off the lag from rake, came in and he stood there! I raked again, he fled again. I waited the lag off, came one more room and again he just stood there. He did not run, did not teleport he did nothing except fleeing and occasional moving 1-2 steps and stopping AGAIN. Yes, against such type of char air/off shifters are OP as well as most other classes.

So, suppose they steamroll 20% of the chars, while getting steamrolled by the other 80%. This means they will typically only harass either the new and/or the weak or the hopelessly outmatched (unless the shifter player is immensily experienced). Over and over again. Is that a good idea? I don't think so. It's probably not this extreme, but leveling the playing field a bit, wouldn't hurt imho.

And for the record, I know the lands pretty well and have pretty much several teleport tools on me at all times, so they don't bother me 'that' much. They just can be a major pain in the butt if they hit you at the wrong time.

When it comes to, play it yourself and you'll know ... well, yes, except I find shifters in general, incredibly boring. And, even if I should play one, air/off would be the last thing I'd play. So, not going to happen

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAir forms [View all] , MoetEtChandon, Sat 23-Oct-10 09:59 AM
Reply Most of your assumptions are wrong., Dervish, 23-Oct-10 04:01 PM, #4
Reply Well, exactly, MoetEtChandon, 23-Oct-10 06:00 PM #5
     Reply RE: Well, exactly, Dervish, 24-Oct-10 03:08 AM, #6
Reply RE: Air forms, dude, 23-Oct-10 02:02 PM, #3
Reply RE: Air forms, flatline, 23-Oct-10 11:18 AM, #1
     Reply With my current, I have no maledictions whatsoever, MoetEtChandon, 23-Oct-10 12:15 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2893 Previous topic | Next topic