Subject: "PSA: making the most of your movement points" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2646
Show all folders

IsildurMon 17-May-10 12:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2646, "PSA: making the most of your movement points"
Edited on Mon 17-May-10 12:45 PM

A post on the battlefield about how hard it is to "find people" motivated me to write this:

Basically, if you're trying to find someone to kill, don't ever walk past an area "junction" without checking all the conjoined areas.

If you do this all the time, then you will often "find" people while just walking around doing "whatever else you were doing". Getting gold, gathering preps, looking for gear, meeting someone to rank, etc.

Let's say I'm in Galadon and want to end up in Calandaryl.

First I check the Weald. Then Graveyard, Mausoleum. Sewers, Lumberyard, Copeham Inn. Outskirts, then Eastern Road. Head north on the eastern outskirts. Check South Southerspring and the Arena. Continue north on the North Road. When I get to the North Southerspring Crossroads, jog east to check North Southerspring. Head north to Sumner's Crossroads. Check East Sumner's and the Inn. Then check West Sumner's, Open Plains, Azreth, Upper Cragstone and South Dairien. Head north again. Check Tir-talath and Shepherd's Row. Head north on the eastern side of Tir-Talath. At the northeast corner, jog northwest and check the Consortium. Then jog east a bit and check the Pass of Gol'golath. Head north again. Jog west onto the Beaten Path to check that area. Duck south into the Troglodyte Caves, then west to the Abandoned Mines. Then north into Udgaard. Check out the east gate, out the north gate, then head out the west gate and proceed to Calandaryl.

This route consumed only marginally more movement points (and time) than just sticking to the roads and running straight from Galadon to Calandaryl, but you end up checking many more areas for potential people to kill. Assuming that's one of your goals.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPSA: making the most of your movement points [View all] , Isildur, Mon 17-May-10 12:44 PM
Reply Adendum: BARTER for Refreshes., trewyn, 17-May-10 09:46 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2646 Previous topic | Next topic