Subject: "Developmental topographical disorientation and CF" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2588
Show all folders

kaekaelynTue 16-Feb-10 07:04 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2010
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2588, "Developmental topographical disorientation and CF"

Hi, I've been trying to play CF for many years. I'm in love with it, addicted to the RP and skill sets, but absolutely horrendous at the game.

I have severe DTD and can't even find my own house or school from just a few blocks away. I can get hopelessly lost in my own neighborhood. Does anyone else have a poor sense of direction? If so, do you find that it applies to CF or other muds? I feel like it shouldn't, because my problem in RL is that I get "turned around", which is impossible in CF because you can never lose track of "north" (except in the maze areas). But no matter what I try, whether it's jotting down maps of areas that aren't on the Diku maps, trying to memorize strings of directions like "From the pit, NORTH NORTH WEST NORTH EAST SOUTH" or anything else, I always end up in an area I never intended to get to, and then can't seem to get out of. I just can't see the aerial view from my head.

I'm tired of RPing characters with no sense of direction, or making stupid IC excuses as to why I'd rather meet in Galadon and then have my group take me with them to the Strange Island. Everyone knows it's just a lack of OOC knowledge, and then they start trying to give me newbie information, which is nice of them, but tiresome when all I need is a sense of direction.

I've deleted so many characters because I could no longer justify their ignorance and because it got so tedious. I just deleted another one today. I'm just looking for anyone who's overcome this problem in the past, because I'm fresh out of ideas. Anybody out there?

Kaelyn

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDevelopmental topographical disorientation and CF [View all] , kaekaelyn, Tue 16-Feb-10 07:04 PM
Reply RE: Developmental topographical disorientation and CF, Larcat, 08-Jun-10 11:57 PM, #12
Reply Make an air shifter, Abernyte, 28-Apr-10 09:03 AM, #11
Reply RE: Developmental topographical disorientation and CF, Cerunnir, 28-Apr-10 07:45 AM, #10
Reply RE: Developmental topographical disorientation and CF, Dave, 01-Mar-10 03:50 PM, #9
Reply Maps, Aarn, 19-Feb-10 12:43 PM, #8
Reply Different modes of thought?, Valkenar, 18-Feb-10 10:55 AM, #6
Reply RE: Different modes of thought?, kaekaelyn, 18-Feb-10 03:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: Developmental topographical disorientation and CF, Hutto, 18-Feb-10 05:03 AM, #5
Reply Read the room descriptions, DurNominator, 17-Feb-10 11:53 PM, #4
Reply Sounds tough..., Rodriguez, 17-Feb-10 02:28 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Sounds tough..., kaekaelyn, 17-Feb-10 03:38 AM, #2
          Reply Get a client and map paths with aliases, trewyn, 17-Feb-10 03:10 PM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2588 Previous topic | Next topic