Subject: "To Elaborate on what Daevryn said" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2286
Show all folders

CorrlaanWed 01-Oct-08 05:18 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2309, "To Elaborate on what Daevryn said"

I play a lot of mortal Orcs. I know, go figure. I can't tell you how many times I've been hunted and ganged by my own followers. But I digress.

Orcs are total offense, very little defense. Now if your like me.. and not very good at PK. What this means for you is that you have the snuff to really pull out a crazy win if you pick the right fight. What it also means is your 'Oh Crap I gotta flee' trigger needs to be very itchy. You have to get out at the first possible sign of failure, preferrably run off, drink a lot of elf blood and reengage.

The draw for me to orcs is just exactly what you describe. Its a bit more of a strategy game, you have to be in 'position' to play. If you get jumped and your not initiating you have to be able to run off and hide. Prepare, and hopefully catch them with their guard down. Of course that can be said for almost any combo, but obviously some have the cojones to get jumped and the time to be able to decide whether or not they should stick around or not. Orcs don't have a lot of 'thinking' time. If your not busting ass from the word go in a PK, then your best option is to flee, drink blood and re-engage hoping you get the drop on them this time. As a Hero Orc almost any warrior was VERY tough for me to kill if I didnt catch them mid-raid, mid-fight, or mid-sleep. Some mages you could get just because of sheer damage output.

A very, very knowledgable Orc (Thrak) told me once that you are either the Orc with 50 damroll, or your the Orc with the hps to last more than a few rounds and drop the really cool utility skills they have. The drawback to these utility skills is almost every one of them gives the ORC some damage too.

But I will say this. If you want a fly by the seat of your pants thrill ride from login to logout. Get an Orc Chief, or just be a really high level orc. Paint the target on your back and have fun. When theres a strong Fort, Strong Refuge, and even the Empire (who in my opinion should also hate Orcs due to their uncivilized nature) then you will have no shortage of roving gangs looking for your hide.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDifficulty of Orcs [View all] , Artificial, Sun 14-Sep-08 01:24 PM
Reply To Elaborate on what Daevryn said, Corrlaan, 01-Oct-08 05:18 PM #16
Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, Daevryn, 14-Sep-08 11:21 PM, #5
Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, Cyril, 14-Sep-08 01:32 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, Artificial, 14-Sep-08 01:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, Drag0nSt0rm, 14-Sep-08 02:16 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, Ghuljun, 06-Oct-08 05:36 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Difficulty of Orcs, peek, 14-Sep-08 11:08 PM, #4
          Reply They do get giant emotes..., Cyril, 14-Sep-08 11:35 PM, #6
               Reply RE: They do get giant emotes..., Artificial, 15-Sep-08 12:48 AM, #7
                    Reply Giant Orcs, Cyril, 15-Sep-08 08:05 AM, #8
                    Reply I think orcs grow once they get older., DurNominator, 16-Sep-08 03:55 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: I think orcs grow once they get older., Daevryn, 16-Sep-08 08:40 AM, #11
                              Reply Nope, giant sized after mature or similiar, Drag0nSt0rm, 16-Sep-08 02:54 PM, #12
                              Reply Nonetheless:, Daevryn, 18-Sep-08 01:40 AM, #15
                              Reply RE: I think orcs grow once they get older., Doc, 17-Sep-08 10:31 AM, #13
                              Reply Roll up an orc., RobDarken, 17-Sep-08 03:14 PM, #14
                    Reply Skill practicing, Elerosse, 15-Sep-08 08:22 AM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2286 Previous topic | Next topic