Subject: "RE: Armor" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1836
Show all folders

IsildurMon 13-Aug-07 05:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1857, "RE: Armor"

This is something that used to bug the hell out of me when I was a new player. Not only did I not have the good stuff, I didn't know where to find it. Most of the time I didn't even know "how good" it was.

You're a good-aligned healer. So you have locate and identify object. And gate. And request. These are useful skills for finding gear. However, the most useful thing is that you're good-aligned and useful to a lot of different people. So when you see the dude with all the shinies, make a point to ask him if you can examine each item with which you're not familiar and if he'll tell you where each comes from. You can also approach other characters with an offer like: "Hey, anything you want to get that I can help with? All I ask is that you take me along and go slow enough that I can figure out how to get back there myself." Many people will gladly accept because it means they'll be able to get gear they otherwise couldn't obtain.

Some things to bear in mind:

* If you're going to ask to identify people's stuff, make sure you make it count. Log it! If your client doesn't support logging then get one that does.

* Items over lvl51 can't be located by mortals.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicArmor [View all] , Lyeden, Fri 10-Aug-07 09:42 PM
Reply RE: Armor, Isildur, 13-Aug-07 05:28 PM #9
Reply RE: Armor, Zesam, 12-Aug-07 04:00 AM, #4
Reply RE: Armor, Lyeden, 13-Aug-07 01:22 AM, #7
Reply RE: Armor, randombutterfly, 11-Aug-07 12:31 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Armor, Lyeden, 11-Aug-07 12:52 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Armor, dalneko, 11-Aug-07 01:18 AM, #3
          Reply Unspoken code..., GinGa, 12-Aug-07 07:31 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Unspoken code..., Lyeden, 12-Aug-07 05:10 PM, #6
               Reply It's usually up., DurNominator, 13-Aug-07 03:32 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Unspoken code..., Isildur, 13-Aug-07 05:32 PM, #11