Subject: "RE: OOC connection for RP idea..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #137
Show all folders

QuisletTue 06-May-03 08:37 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141, "RE: OOC connection for RP idea..."

I've seen the brothers thing work amazingly well for party unity in D&D games, but party unity isn't quite the same thing on CF. So, largely the reasons others have given say why it's bad.

But, it brought to mind an example of two brothers from CF past. In this case it worked well, especially since they didn't know each other out of character. They were brothers because their mentor ended up adopting both of them. Although they were friends and cabal-mates, they almost never grouped, and didn't even care to stay within range to do so much of the time.

However, the part that worked especially well was the legacy that grew from there: An entire family line. I almost joined it twice, but I wasn't ready. The adoption method largely bypassed the need to have OOC contacts, and skipping a generation before playing another family member avoided needing direct knowledge of previous characters. I'm not sure the Imms would like the idea now, but it worked great then. Probably because the members tried very hard to keep it a solely IC thing.

BTW, the brothers were Darwin and Daeldron Windgust.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOOC connection for RP idea... [View all] , A_druiD, Tue 06-May-03 03:43 PM
Reply What makes it bad is the OOC connection, Gwyn, 06-May-03 10:51 AM, #4
Reply Oh I miss Aneriasha, Zepachu, 06-May-03 04:19 PM, #6
Reply RE: OOC connection for RP idea..., Quislet, 06-May-03 08:37 AM #3
Reply Not really., Valguarnera, 06-May-03 03:56 AM, #2
Reply I have been quiet for now..., Beer, 06-May-03 04:00 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I have been quiet for now..., Valguarnera, 06-May-03 05:15 PM, #7
          Reply True., Beer, 06-May-03 06:19 PM, #8
Reply I'd advise against it, incognito, 06-May-03 03:48 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #137 Previous topic | Next topic