Subject: "My POV" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3357
Show all folders

HomardSun 31-Jul-11 02:04 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3358, "My POV"

I've had one tattooed character and two RC wins, and each of my "serious" characters has sought out Immteraction on various levels.

The first thing I would do (and you've probably already done this) is determine which Immortal you're going to try to interact with. Whether or not you're seeking a tattoo, but especially if you are, this will be sphere dependent.

As a serial Villager I may be biased, but Thror has supplied several of my characters with fantastic interactions and I'm planning on following him again soon. He is, however, The Lord of Hardships and it's not an easy road.

I have never had an Enlilth follower or even played a character remotely on his side, but I have encountered him IC a lot and he is awesome. I've also interacted with his morts and never been disappointed.

I could go on and on as I am wont to do, but I'll leave it here and use these two as examples.

Once you find the shrine you should decide what you're looking for. If it's a tattoo, you're on the right path. If it's a third legacy, you're better off working on your role and trying to win the contest. We'll assume you're looking for the tattoo.

Thror's a Dwarf, so he's going to be blunt. He's also going to expect you to be straightforward. Tell him you want to bear his mark. Or, if you're looking for the mysterious secrets of Sapper
training, tell him that.

Enlilth is different, an Imperial Duergar who fancies himself the King of Kings. Bring him something. Offer him something. He will be sly. Compliments and respect count here. Granted, when dealing with a god, they always do, but your fawning praise to Twist will fall on uncaring ears. Enlilth wants to hear it.

Just remember two things. 1. This is a role-playing game and you started this ball rolling by wanting to role-play, so here's your chance. Respond to questions as if you were an elf or a fire-giant or whatever you are. There's no wrong way to do it, but if you come across like a guy sitting at a computer somewhere, you're doing it wrong. 2. They're gods. Forget that at your own peril.

Any path you take goals will be set and tasks given to you. This, in my opinion, is where CF really starts to shine. I once had Thror give me a task that I seriously considered impossible (kill Lirad, who I was 0-5 against.) I succeeded and blew my own mind, by the way. That's what makes CF such a great game.

One thing to remember is that even if you don't get 3 legacies or a mountain of CON, at the very least repeated interactions with an immortal will tend to help you accumulate IMMxp, which goes a long way towards gathering edges.

Interacting with the gods is like any other RP scenario. It might feel goofy at first, but if you run with it and have fun, you can't go wrong.

Good luck.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow to worship IMMs successfully? [View all] , GreatGray, Sun 31-Jul-11 11:31 AM
Reply I got a question that's along religion lines, dalneko, 07-Aug-11 12:10 PM, #7
Reply Whenever you feel it's appropriate., Homard, 07-Aug-11 01:18 PM, #8
Reply Some other things you might try., lasentia, 01-Aug-11 10:32 AM, #5
Reply RE: How to worship IMMs successfully?, Isildur, 01-Aug-11 08:27 AM, #4
Reply My POV, Homard, 31-Jul-11 02:04 PM #1
     Reply RE: My POV, GreatGray, 31-Jul-11 02:31 PM, #2
          Reply RE: My POV, Homard, 31-Jul-11 02:48 PM, #3
               Reply RE: My POV, Isildur, 01-Aug-11 03:03 PM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3357 Previous topic | Next topic