Subject: "RE: Questions about rangers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2658
Show all folders

Serial RangerSun 04-Jul-10 06:24 PM
Member since 01st Aug 2009
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2698, "RE: Questions about rangers"

Rangers in general can make a pretty good class to help newer players along the way, since they tend to have good survivability. But some builds are less forgiving for newer folks.

1. It's been said before. Some time in cities or civilized is okay, but I wouldn't advise spending much time. I'd go through the academy, get the newbie gear and practice weapon at the start and then get out. You don't really need to do quests, because you can tank and quests are for people who can't tank. Lol.

2. It's a ratio, probably measured in ticks, but it is easy to stay ahead of the game. If you go through the academy quickly and get out, you should have fast camo by the time you get the camo skill. I've never had to wait to get it before, at least not for a long time.

3. Nope, they are no more civilized than anywhere else.

4. Bows are rare, and to be honest some of the best ones in the game are good-only or are on good mobs that can be requested from. Sadly, your fashion bow will be pretty much utterly useless to you. I think my last hunter(and only) at near hero my bow damage was still in the mid teens, and only half as much +hit/dam and it doesn't prog with healing like staffs and spears do, which I think is crap.

For a newbie, most people would recommend forester, survivalist, because that is the traditional ranger, but honestly, I like explorers. Group camp is handy if you are taking folks along who are mentally draining like bards or mages, herbs quicker because everywhere is your home terrain once wanderlust is mastered, and other interesting skills.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestions about rangers [View all] , Roland, Fri 11-Jun-10 11:37 PM
Reply RE: Questions about rangers, Serial Ranger, 04-Jul-10 06:24 PM #8
Reply My rank 40 explorer only has fast camo in home terrain, TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 02-Aug-10 08:49 AM, #9
     Reply RE: My rank 40 explorer only has fast camo in home terr..., Serial Ranger, 07-Aug-10 05:46 PM, #10
          Reply Caves abound., Tsunami, 08-Aug-10 12:20 PM, #11
Reply RE: Questions about rangers, Welverin, 14-Jun-10 06:52 AM, #3
Reply Side note, Fast Camo can be achieve in under an hour an..., Welverin, 14-Jun-10 09:19 AM, #4
Reply Just rank in the wilds as a lowbie and your camo is fas..., DurNominator, 15-Jun-10 01:15 AM, #6
Reply You prettymuch start with it., Pro, 02-Jul-10 08:22 PM, #7
Reply Pretty sure, Tsunami, 14-Jun-10 09:38 PM, #5
Reply From what an imm told me once, incognito, 06-Sep-10 04:18 PM, #12
     Reply RE: From what an imm told me once, Daevryn, 06-Sep-10 05:37 PM, #13
Reply Worth noting, Tsunami, 12-Jun-10 08:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: Questions about rangers, incognito, 12-Jun-10 04:43 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2658 Previous topic | Next topic