Subject: "warrior legacy help" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1795
Show all folders

randombutterflyFri 13-Jul-07 01:31 AM
Member since 26th Jan 2007
40 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1795, "warrior legacy help"

I've worked really hard, and finally have gotten a warrior with good RP in a position to hero, and one that's borderline competitive by the dint of *a lot* of planning and effort with true veteran players.

Now, this character had 186 hours on it, and I'm trying to figure out what legacies to pick to not waste an investment and opportunity. I'll still have fun playing the char and talking to people, but if I'm the underdog in most of my fights becuase I have a poorly built newbiesh hero-level warrior after all that effort it will be just depressing (yes, i know i can still find people when they're half-dead or drive them into mobs, etc, but for once I want to achieve at least game mechanical parity).

Suprisingly, searches for discussions/questions on legacies didn't turn up very much info at all. I've picked up the fact that "striking the shadow" is int/wis dependent and thus not a good choice for a giant. Also, I've picked up from extensive forum reading and blatant suggestions in the helpfiles that whirlwind of steel is dexterity related as is flow of shadows and dance on the southern wind. This is scary because if I hadn't read battlefield forum pages I would have no idea that "striking the shadows" is mental stat related and I would have picked it for my giant warrior, and similarly for whirlwind of steel. I don't want to do this with something else.

So, a few questions:
What does "renewal of spring do?" Does it just add +2 con, or something entirely different? The helpfile is very vague. If it can literally give my character a chance to live for millenia in game time, that's awesome.

Is harmonious equilibrium only related to bash/trip/throw, or other things that are more maledictory like spinebreaker, blackjack, and cranial? And does it work to reduce stun time from magic or song? And is it dexterity based?

What's the difference between "Place of the Raging River" and "Fortress of the Spirit?" They sound identical from the helpfiles, but that must mean I'm missing something.

Speaking of sounding identical, what are the differences between "riddle of resilience" and "soul of the mountain" and "whispers of the great siege?" I think I figured out again from battlefield forum complaints that whispers of the great siege increased regeneration in some form? It was unclear though.

What the heck does "Surrounding the Sunrise" do? I can't figure out that one at all from the helpfile. Does it make you bounce through different rooms or something? I haven't seen anyone do anything like that. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the helpfile was hinting at when it said the original masters of this technique were defeated in a 'prepared ambush' and I finally threw my hands up.
Also, since it mentions elves developing the technique, does this mean it's also dex related and therefore not considerable for a giant? It sounds like it has applications for one on many fighting, which is interesting in times of cabal tidal movement.

Thank you, very much, in advance for any light that is shed on these questions.

W

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicwarrior legacy help [View all] , randombutterfly, Fri 13-Jul-07 01:31 AM
Reply RE: warrior legacy help, Theerkla, 13-Jul-07 04:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: warrior legacy help, randombutterfly, 13-Jul-07 05:15 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1795 Previous topic | Next topic