Subject: "My tips:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1789
Show all folders

GinGaMon 09-Jul-07 09:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1790, "My tips:"

Having been a hero dagger spec, I found my two main weaknesses were:

1. Tanking for indirect damage. I know it sounds crazy, but you'd be surprised how badly dodge/evade serves you against classes you can't lag. If I couldn't trip them, then invokers, bards, transmuters and shamans would really hurt. Taking them out was a matter of hitting and running because of that. They all have huge damage reduction instead of evasive defenses - that means you have no defenses to pierce, and find yourself very short on pure damage output. Dagger specs are also pretty bad versus a lot of mobs - although they probably out tank several other specs, they're not near the top with things like spears, swords and polearms. And these other specs can be easier to tweak-up in terms of melee damage (eg, polearms and trapping, swords+flurry, spears+felar). Even most of the better daggers don't have a very high average, and dagger specs won't gear as much for +dam.

2. Dex malediction. You skills rely on your dexterity, and having it nerfed by boneshatter/impale leaves you unable to tank AND use spec skills reliably. Because there is also a back-lash associated to dagger skills, this pretty much incapacitates you. If you want to go around teasing dagger specs, take maces. They're by no means a guaranteed win but they have all the tools required to hammer a dex-based warrior. Combine with whips for entwine, and a defensive legacy or two (riddle, gates, etc), and you've got a pure dagger-spec killer.

Hope that helps. The other solution is always to bring a friend

Yhorian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNeed advice on fighting dagger spec [View all] , aspi, Mon 09-Jul-07 05:55 AM
Reply Thanks! I guess I'll just keep on trying. nt, aspi, 10-Jul-07 11:42 PM, #5
Reply With the new changes., deBriguy, 31-Jul-07 01:03 PM, #6
Reply Give them 5 rafts, Theerkla, 09-Jul-07 05:29 PM, #3
Reply This is why the 'nogive' toggle exists., Valguarnera, 10-Jul-07 07:25 AM, #4
Reply RE: Need advice on fighting dagger spec, Valguarnera, 09-Jul-07 12:32 PM, #2
Reply My tips:, GinGa, 09-Jul-07 09:52 AM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1789 Previous topic | Next topic