Subject: "My experience:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1459
Show all folders

AodhSun 12-Nov-06 09:59 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1517, "My experience:"

You'll get killed a lot by people you didn't see coming, people that you did see that you were *sure* had/have no reason to kill you, and it'll be uber frustrating; especially if it's in a high-population place where you'll be looted down to nothing by a consortium of lowbie characters that will almost surely never make it past level 20. Do everything to avoid dying in Galadon, my friend. Unless a Tribunal member is in the room. Well, even then, avoid it.

You'll be frustrated as hell, and you'll want to ask the #@!#@$^& why they just did that. They probably won't respond, the forum pundits will brand you a whiner and say that your enemy is roleplaying, and that just because somebody isn't roleplaying the way you'd like, doesn't mean they aren't. Perhaps you are a whiner. Perhaps this silence is pretty awesome RP, but damned if it isn't difficult to understand, frustrating as hell, and difficult to move past.

Soooo... my answer is this: good IC/RP reason to kill somebody? You'll be killed because of who you're grouped with, because your killer wants to defend the mobs/monsters/whatever that you're "ranking" on, because they're evil, etc: because they can, in many, many cases. The justifications are endless.

After pking somebody: they can kill you as many times as they can find you, once you "unghost". It's frowned upon, but it's not going to be stopped, at least, not in that session. So go out of your way to not let them find you. If they empty your corpse, beware of offers to "give you your things back". Do it only as a ghost. Or unghosted with a thief friend in their range (any other big, scary friend will do, as well).

Good luck, find and use lots of teleport and recall potions/scrolls/staves (or try to perfect them in your free time), and run away from people you don't know, unless you're good and they're good. Unless you're a mage, that is. Or WANTED. Or a paladin. Or a dwarf... (there's really no getting around it, see?)

There just might be some posts under this one calling me a whiner c'est la vie!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPKs (questions; not a complaint) [View all] , super nerd, Wed 01-Nov-06 06:23 PM
Reply My experience:, Aodh, 12-Nov-06 09:59 PM #17
Reply RE: PKs (questions; not a complaint), Brawny, 12-Nov-06 04:13 AM, #15
Reply PK and RP, DurNominator, 12-Nov-06 06:18 AM, #16
Reply By which name do you wish to be mourned?, TheDude, 01-Nov-06 09:17 PM, #3
Reply Cool Post. I Endorse!, Kastellyn, 03-Nov-06 12:47 AM, #13
     Reply I'd actually like to see this stickied, Drag0nSt0rm, 03-Nov-06 03:40 PM, #14
Reply Some advice, Lightmage, 01-Nov-06 07:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some advice, super nerd, 01-Nov-06 09:10 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Some advice, Alenysi, 01-Nov-06 09:43 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Some advice, super nerd, 01-Nov-06 10:45 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Some advice, Alenysi, 02-Nov-06 12:20 AM, #6
                    Reply See it like this..., Marcus_, 02-Nov-06 05:26 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: See it like this..., super nerd, 02-Nov-06 03:07 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: See it like this..., Alenysi, 02-Nov-06 03:24 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: See it like this..., Elerosse, 02-Nov-06 03:44 PM, #10
                                   Reply RE: See it like this..., super nerd, 02-Nov-06 04:49 PM, #11
                                        Reply RE: See it like this..., Daevryn, 02-Nov-06 07:16 PM, #12
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1459 Previous topic | Next topic